Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone done a half ironman on 3 months training?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Injured back and exam revision has scuppered the first few weeks of training and the race is at end of may. Anyone crammed a programme into that space? how’d it go?

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

I guess it really depends on your level of base fitness, whether you are going to compete or complete it.. Whats your aim? And have ya’ done one before or first time?

cynic-al
    Free Member

you’ve missed a few weeks and have 3 months left? is the few weeks going to make much of a difference?

othewise what he said.

fontmoss
    Free Member

not done one before, base is ok not great and 3 weeks out of 3 months is quite a bit…

IainGillam
    Free Member

As I am ever the eternal optimist I think you would be fine. Surely it makes the prospect of the challenge more exciting if you don’t know if you are going to achieve it. Now then is two weeks enough time to train for a marathon…

Iain

captaincarbon
    Free Member

If you can swim for 30 mins and ride hard for two you’ll be fine.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I’ve ran a full marathon on approximately 3 months training. As said above, competing or completing is the difference. As its your first, I wouldn’t really be looking to compete too seriously anyway. 🙂

fatmax

I’ve plodded round a half in 6.43while half fit and only doing half-arsed training. Make sure your sessions are long and steady and that you are more comfortable at all three distances and you’ll be fine. Assuming you can already swim crawl.

fontmoss
    Free Member

sorry yeah complete not compete 😉

but not kill myself in the process would be a bonus 😀

edhornby

Injured back

make sure your doctor/physio gives you the ok

fontmoss
    Free Member

it’s not serious just decked it on the ice when cycling into uni

69er
    Free Member

My mate did a full Ironman on no training. I don’t think he exactly enjoyed it but he got round (Sherbourne)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone done a half ironman on 3 months training?’ is closed to new replies.