Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone done a "fitness" holiday?
  • mrmchammer
    Free Member

Me and the wife are thinking of going away for a week in marchish time and would like to go for some winter sun but maybe to one of these training camps where u can get fit, eat health and enjoy the sun, anyone know any places? im assuming lanzarote is good for that? Any prices and experience?

mrmchammer
    Free Member

anyone?

McHamish
    Free Member

Do you have any interest in thai boxing? You could go to Phuket and train at a muay thai camp, try Tiger Muay Thai camp for a starter.

That camp isn’t right next to the beach, but if you wanted to combine the two you could try Sinbi Muay Thai camp instead…there are plenty to choose from and cater for Westerners.

sassy
    Free Member

I did an activity holiday with exodus to turkey last year…we did MTBing, Canyoning, White water rafting Sea Kayaking and hiking

…we’re were on the go every day all day it’s not quite a fitness holiday…but i’m quite fit and i was knackered every night although not so knackered that i couldn’t go for cocktails and party! lol

Markie
    Free Member

My wife and a number of our friends – sporting-wise a mixture of cyclists, triathletes and rowers – speak very highly of (and keep returning to) Club La Santa in Lanzarote. Upping the budget (and changing the destination!), my wife and I have been on several holidays with wildfitness and I can recommend them wholeheartedly!

mrmchammer
    Free Member

great cheers! im worried ill need another holiday after it all though!

Markie
    Free Member

Regarding the ‘needing another holiday’ question, it was my big concern before I went the first time! My wife takes her sport a lot more seriously than I do, and I was concerned that a) the holiday would be a boring fitness fest and b) I’d be knackered when I got back. Both worries were unfounded – I enjoyed the time immensely as a holiday and came back full of energy and way (I mean to a degree that surprised everyone) faster at both running and cycling than I had been prior, just really charged up.

oddjob
    Free Member

Club la santa is a default for that kind of thing and there is a new place who sponsored the Saxo Bank cycling team last year but I can’t remember the name

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone done a "fitness" holiday?’ is closed to new replies.