Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone done a Cytech qualifcation
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Wanting to do some qualifications so i can teach bike maintenance to kids/adults.
    Is cytech the only route to go down for this?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Probably. It'll be far more difficult to sue you, sadly you need to think about it.
    Don't forget some sort of insurance too, it might be useful to talk to Butterworth-Springler (sp.?) about it. I can recommend Sue Hilton there, she knows our world and often can help.

bananaworld
    Free Member

You don't really NEED Cytech in order to teach bike maintenance. Having done the Cytechs and done a few Dr Bike-type sessions I'm not sure what gets taught on the Cytech courses is that relevant outside of a bike shop workshop: there's a lot of emphasis in Cytech on Britich Standards and doing the kind of jobs that only bike shop mechanics would have to face.

Inn-sewer-ants is defo a good plan though.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

You need to check your level of cytech as i knew it a few years ago the lower levels were little more than multiple choice tick tests. There is also BTEC which you can do through a few places including the bike inn, this is the course i did and is quite intensive but didn't cover hydraulic disc brakes or suspension forks but does go into detail on wheel building and other essentials.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Only thing i struggle on is wheel building to be honest. Most stuff is common sense and easy with patience.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well, I'd err on the side of caution and be overly prepared qualification-wise. Cytech will shut people up and stop any potential threats of being sued.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done a Cytech qualifcation’ is closed to new replies.