Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone done a Cannondale frame exchange recently?
  • chugg08

Just wondering about the process. My Prophet is nearing the end of its life and I fancied a Jekyll. Anyone been through it lately? How much of a discount did you get?
    Cheers

horton711
    Free Member

Cannondale don’t do a frame exchange. i would ebay and buy new.

z1ppy

I can’t say I’ve ever heard of this, they did a fork exchange program, but when I investigated it, they wanted top dollar for the fork. Basically you could get a better deal by looking around for discounted ones.
    EDIT: Not that I’ve seen any Jekyll’s in the UK, let alone discounted framesets

The prophet is still a well sort after frame (for good reason), though like yours, mine has a stripped BB. I will happily pay for it to be repaired, as I like the frame so much, but obviously it’ll badly reduce the value of your frame (or cost upto 50% of a sale to get it repaired).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ratherbeintobago

Cannondale don’t do a frame exchange

Yes they do.

Don’t know how good it is though, though will be keeping it in mind when either of my ‘Dales start looking a bit sad.

Andy

z1ppy

Indeedy good find, though some important info to note: “Only the frame’s original owner is eligible for these programs. Proof of original purchase is required.

I’d be interested in hear what they offer you for your frame assuming you are the original owner, and what discount you’d get off the new frame, if you do investigate this further.

aziraphael
    Free Member

Unfortunately, Cannondale no longer offer a frame exchange program in the UK. This stems from the fact that they no longer retail frames at all in the UK market (other than the Supersix EVO), and therefore don’t have the stock to draw from for frame exchanges.

This is according to an email I received from them after I enquired myself. According to the same email, the website is maintained by Cannondale USA and as a result they have simply copied and pasted the FAQ page onto the UK site without modification. They are now working to have the frame exchange section removed.

It’s a shame, for sure, but if your bike is in good nick, Ebay or a part-ex at your dealer may be the only way forward.

rocketman
    Free Member

I heard of someone who broke their Rize frame and got it exchanged for a Jekyll…

z1ppy

that would be a warranty job though shirely.

ratherbeintobago

According to the same email, the website is maintained by Cannondale USA and as a result they have simply copied and pasted the FAQ page onto the UK site without modification

That’s interesting, given that CSG (the UK importer) is owned by Cannondale’s parent company. Also, where do they get the frames for warranty replacements from, if they’ve no frame stock (I had one turned round in <2 weeks)? Furthermore, the US Cannondale website doesn’t list any frame-only options, and my local dealer reckoned they could get frames when I was thinking about building a cross bike up from the garage spares mountain.

Andy

ratherbeintobago

From the horse’s mouth (ie. CSG): As above, frame exchange not offered in the UK, but they do have a crash replacement scheme.

Andy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done a Cannondale frame exchange recently?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts