Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Anyone doing well at work?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Let’s hear some success stories.

Last year I had a massive technical challenge which I single-handedly sorted out to everyone’s satisfaction short and long term, hopefully they’ll recognise this at bonus time. Seems to be positively received by my management especially as the client signed another £800k deal on the back of what I did. Now I’m about to take charge on another difficult client – if we can pull this off it’ll make me look good. It’s a big IF though, so currently stressful. On the other hand, still can’t get my expenses in on time.

What’ve you lot been up to?

LoCo
    Free Member

I just made myself a lovely cup of coffee, go me 😀

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I sacked it off and went out on my bike -success!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Just back from a 2hr+ lunch… Cheers!

northernmatt

Management speak version

In the midst of implementing a new product profile at work which will consolidate three codes for each product into one common code to speed up how we work in the branches.

What I really did

Faffed about with a spreadsheet for a few days

qwerty
    Free Member

A real pinnacle for me was recently having a dump in works time that was so precision the toilet paper was clean post wipe. Its gonna be difficult to transcend this.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

We’ve run out of milk and I am gasping for a brew. Desperate times. On the verge of having a ‘falling down’ moment.

P-Jay
    Free Member

We had a good year last year. Grew our recurring income by 30% ish, and completed some big projects (for us) which were incredibly complex and profitable.

This year is tougher though, admittedly we’re only 15 days into it, but we sort of ‘have’ to recruit someone last year we weren’t planning to and without the big project we’ve got to find more and more business to keep anyone paid.

surfer
    Free Member

Just finished interviewing for a technical management role, made an offer which has been accepted. So good Friday pm 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have managed to both get paid and not be sacked ;all my main work based objectives have been achieved this year.

mrblobby
    Free Member

All about doing more with less these days, which usually means doing it badly.

BadlyWiredDog

The wood-burning stove was running low on fuel. I identified the problem and then took pro-active and decisive action by adding an additional kiln-dried log and opening the vents to full. I was very proud of myself, a lot of people would have dithered allowing the burner to go out.

I often wonder who replenishes the wood-burning stoves in larger organisations. I’m convinced that being a small-scale concern means I’m light enough on my feet to tackle crises like these head on in a decisive manner that allows me to display my smugness on the internet peacock style.

I am slightly drowsy, probably carbon monoxi…

maxtorque

Flat in the automotive sector! Had 2 appearances on Telly last night showing an MP around a new electric motor test facility.

(the itv reporter girly was GORGEOUS btw…… 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Nobody’s escaped (yet).

bails

electric motor test facility

benji
    Free Member

Still busy fitting cambelts and mot’ing peoples vehicles to the standard of a nazi with a clipboard 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just finished a week of two-man post room duties instead of three because of no cover available.

I will shortly be drinking alcohol…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Had an email from a bunch of the directors thanking me for my work over the past year and a visit from one who’s going to try and fight not just to hold my job open but to see me promoted when I get back from 6 months off travelling this year. Which is nice of him.

13thfloormonk

I’ve continually bumbled through a lot of deeply unsatisfying and frustrating projects whilst keeping my moaning and whinging to an acceptable level.

Probably getting paid more than I should, but nobody seems to have noticed.

Got a Christmas bonus of a £60 John Lewis gift voucher.

Phoned a client to confess to a screw up and its possible implications, was informed the whole site had been flooded and it wasn’t a problem! (maybe doesn’t count as ‘doing well’ but you’ve got to take what you can get 8) )

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Slept in this morning and didn’t grind the coffee for the daily fix

Complete and unmitigated disaster.

badllama
    Free Member

In December I was awarded employee of the quarter only been there since mid June extra £250 in Christmas wages an a extra days holiday this year 8)

jonjones262
    Free Member

I got to spend the Summer hanging out with Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill and Gillian Anderson. 🙂 Pretty cool!

Also the company have set me up a studio with a small team to get our stuff done

Flaperon

Survived the day which is always a success in my book.

slowoldman

A real pinnacle for me was recently having a dump in works time that was so precision the toilet paper was clean post wipe

I love it when that happens.

hammyuk
    Free Member

You work? 😯

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Fixed enough bikes to nearly pay my tax bill.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Another being paid and not being sacked week for me ..always feels like a successful week that does also managed to not murder anyone at work (mind you Tuesday was close) so all in all finished the week on a high had a half day today and off the weekend so double woo hoo

maxtorque

bails – Member
    electric motor test facility

Scroll to 10.55 to see us muppets!

BBC Look East – 14th Jan 2016

dazh

Worked on a 6 month project which the client paid 200k for. At the end of the project, the client looked at the results for 10 minutes and said, ‘that’s great, how much do you need for the next phase?’. Always satisfying to have 6 months worth of work completely ignored, but in a good way 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’m self employed and managed to work 5 days a week for 49 out of 52 weeks available. It’s profitable but not sure if I count it as successful as normally I manage to bum a few days off to go bike riding mid week which this (last) year has been impossible.

mrchrispy

Had a good week actually, bound to all go to s**t very very soon

awh
    Free Member

Work gave me a reward and recognition award, I spent it all on Gore Bike Wear 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone doing well at work?

Since you asked…

ourmaninthenorth

I can’t see last year’s 30% pay rise being repeated, so I’ll settle for managing to stay out of the rain.

My suspicion is that I’m walking the tightrope between another promotion and getting the sack. Which is fun.

unovolo
    Free Member

A real pinnacle for me was recently having a dump in works time that was so precision the toilet paper was clean post wipe. Its gonna be difficult to transcend this.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Top performing portfolio manager by a country mile 🙂 Didn’t really help much 😐

PS posted this to cheer up Junky

daveh
    Free Member

“Look East – West?”

Is confused.

Bregante

Nobody’s found out yet that what I do is mainly smoke and mirrors.

Result.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Hated the whole year. Job was shit, management was shit. Got promoted/moved on.
    Biggest year ever for sales, won a load of awards.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Not sure

I appear to have a few different areas fighting to get me working for them, which is good, ‘cos looks like I’ll be able to dictate what I want, get a pay rise, promotion and can sack off on-call and relentless O/T.

Although I’m currently having to fend off some weapons grade muppetry from various quarters. Considering informing these projects formally of their shortcomings, carrying on when they ignore it and refer them to my previous emails stating said risks whilst I back it all out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing well at work?’ is closed to new replies.