Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone doing the tod cross tomorrow?
  • v12jat
    Free Member

I’m doing this, anyone else on here doing it?

Senior/vets race at 14:00!

rich-c
    Free Member

Yeah I’m going for the 1st time, missed it last year due to illness, I’m wimping out and going for 40 mins of pain in the 12:30 start. Vet 40-49

rich-c
    Free Member

Oh and any tips for the cobbles greatly appreciated 🙂

v12jat
    Free Member

my first time on this one too, cobbles look like theyre gonna be pretty slippy! i usually race senior in the NWCCA races, so going for the full hour! Hoping a mech hanger wont snap on me again though…….

rich-c
    Free Member

Good luck and enjoy, say hello if you see me struggling on a columbus in Beverley Velo club kit.

Rich

Harry_the_Spider

Good luck. I’m missing for the first time due to a injury.

The cobbles are OK. You need to worry about coming back down the hill in the mud!

It’s a hoot and I wish I was going.

mafiafish
    Free Member

First proper cross race for me too. Should be interesting. I’m on a (likely very noisy) on one race 29er with havens ( they were cheap and I ruin wheels!) I presume doing it on an xc bike is fine?

v12jat
    Free Member

how did everyone do? It was seriously hard in that mud, literally drainig the energy from me poor legs!

probably finished towards the back of my race, but i finished so that’ll do for me!!!!!

mafiafish
    Free Member

I rocked up 8 minutes late so rode most of it on my own except for the fast boys coming through. Enjoyed the climbs and descents but that flat field was horrible!

rich-c
    Free Member

Great fun, really enjoyed that and after the sticky mud at Bingley a few weeks ago todays didn’t seem too bad, I managed to ride the cobbles 3 times and was nearly sick at the top each time.
    My freehub gave up 3/4 of the way through the last lap so a bit of pushing and running, no idea where I came but I beat my club mate for the 1st time this season so going to celebrate with a chippy tea 🙂

Does anyone know who the guy on the fat bike was? I was wondering whether he was doing some Strathpuffer training?

Rich

v12jat
    Free Member

Yeah it was!! Nearly ground to a halt on the start/finish stretch… Of all the places!! 🙄

v12jat
    Free Member

I saw ed Oxley on a fat bike but must have missed the guy racing!

rich-c
    Free Member

Yep that was him, rucksack on and topless at the finish!

Good effort for any of the younger riders turning out on a very wet and cold day.

I also had Look North interviewing me straight after the finish…not sure whether I actually strung anything coherent together

Ed-O
    Free Member

Well that was hard!

Fat bikes don’t make good ‘cross bikes, but I had great fun. It went up the cobbles fine every lap and smoked the descents, but spun out on the long, flat, mud sections. Could only keep going in a really low gear.

rich c – Not Strathpuffer training. I’m training for a snow race in Finland in February, the Rovaniemi 150.

rich-c
    Free Member

Ed I really hope its easier going for you than todays gloop fest.
    Wishing you the best of luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing the tod cross tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.