Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone doing the 100km around the Isle of Wight?
  • singletracksurfer

British heart foundation event on 18th June.

Nope, i'm not going to ask 'what tyres'?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

100k?? – how many times round is that? 😉

singletracksurfer

just the once bizarrely – to each corner!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I live on the island and seriously considered doing it, but you have to pay £35 to enter and then £50 min sponsorship!
    Sorry but im not paying that much to ride somewhere i live for a poxy T Shirt.
    singletracksurfer i'd be interested in seeing the route if you have a copy, as im intrigued how they're gonna get you from Cowes->Yarmouth as its a virtual desert in terms of legal trails.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Not me – though I was there last week and did some of the off road round the island route in glorious sunshine.

VanHalen

i did it a few years back and dont remember paying lots of entry money or having to raise sponsorship??

its a merry jaunt.

singletracksurfer

ha ha know what you mean re paying to cycle where you live – the point is its for charity and the route is signed, marshaled and supported.
    An entry fee is fair enough (you don't pay the sponsorship).

It starts in Newport, so uses the Tennyson Trail to go west.

Weather should be good again by then. Looking forward to it, but haven't been able to do any riding (I won't even bother to say training) for a while now!!! 😯

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing the 100km around the Isle of Wight?’ is closed to new replies.