Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone doing Passportes du Soleil?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

having bought a place from torbster (thanks torbster!) i’m leaving to today to do it tomoro. weather looks good, 80km of riding , mostly downhill, can’t wait.

Alpha1653

What weather report are you looking at?! I’m sat in Gatwick with 13 other guys waiting for a flight. Reports from the chalet are that the weather is gopping!!

zelak999
    Free Member

We are flying over on Saturday and riding the PDS on Sunday.
    Just hoping the weather forecast is wrong 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    st4nley
    Free Member

11 of us doing it tomorrow hopefully, currently sat in plane at Luton waiting take off,French air traffic control holding us up,3 guys have driven out and just arrived, weather is red hot

lowey

Flying out tomorrow night,but not doing the passportes officially. If the weather is ok will tag along, otherwise I’ll watch you all from the nearest bar!

tonyg2003

Flying out on Saturday (damn work) and riding Sunday with 8 others. Hope the weather is better than the forecast for Sunday.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Wish I was as its on my todo list and has been for a little while, next year maybe!

Alex

I did it a few years ago in the wet

[url=https://flic.kr/p/f535rE]Boat 2657… come in your time is up[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Cost me about a quid a mile in brake pads 🙂 Also done it in the sun. That was far nicer…

big_scot_nanny

Satruday looks ‘a bit shit’ weather wise, but Friday and Sunday should be lucky. Alex, also there that year and rode on the same Saturday as you, we actually had a great day but the photos now are comical to look back on. It cost me: a pair of shoes, a ruined gore tex jacket, lyrik forks that needed a rebuild, and all wheel and suspension bearings. Horrific!

jamiesilo
    Free Member

aye, meteo france was forcasting thunderstorms friday afternoon, but they’ve since moved to saturday morning. : ) for me!
    : ( for you saturday folks
    anyone camping in Chatel? i’m in a white scudo with light blue bits. come say hello

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Fingers crossed the weather’s good for you peeps. It’s a lovely jaunt when it’s warm and dry. 🙂

UK-FLATLANDER

How was it?

big_scot_nanny

I think Satruday riders may have been ‘somewhat wet and muddy’, we did cheeky Friday and it was epic. If any of you saw that fat scotsman sweating on his Ice Cream Truck, that was me! 🙂

Kids also did the Kids PPdS on Sunday and had a fabulous (muddy) time, the guides were ace.

jambalaya
    Free Member

8)

jamiesilo
    Free Member

i saw you big scot nanny, but in the show bit in chatel on saturday.
    i test rode a pivot switchblade, a santa cruz high tower, and a banshee spitfire.
    the plus tires were great, espeshly in steep mud with the brakes the wrong way round.
    the spitfire was everybit as good as folks say, possibly helped by the cane creek inline. it was actually my favourite despite inadequate tyres and obligatory backwards brakes. now if only banshee did it in plus size…

Alpha1653

We did it on the Sunday – no rain but the mud was epic making for some super slippery slide fun! Great event, mainly because it officially combined the Alps, bikes and beer.

cooie

Did it on the Friday with 10 others, and the weather was great.
    Saturday was rainy and muddy and Sunday no rain, but loads of mud and still great riding, not sure I’d fancy doing the whole PPDS in crap weather though.:-)

cooie

If any of you saw that fat scotsman sweating on his Ice Cream Truck, that was me!

Didn’t see you, but saw a tandem being put on a chairlift 😯

johnas7
    Free Member

a did 40 miles of it on the friday and the weather was great. 3 of me mates decided to do the whole thing on the sat, they left at 8am and didnt get back till just after 8pm. Said one of the lifts was closed cos of the weather so had to push there bikes up and also missed the last 6pm lift at morzine so had to ride on the road back to les gets.

Glad i stopped at les gets and had a blast around the bike park 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing Passportes du Soleil?’ is closed to new replies.