Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone doing Forest of Dean Enduro on Sunday Sept. 27th?
  • psling
    Free Member

Shameless plug really ~ anyone entered or entering this event? 1,2, or 4 laps of approximately 10 miles of mostly singletrack riding and a great way of exploring a bit more of the Forest of Dean.

More info here – Royal Dean Forest Cycling Club

Word is that after all the felling in the area this year the course may be made more permanent and waymarked for future use. But, that's just a rumour… 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

Not entering but I maybe there with the camera and go for a ride at somepoint 🙂

peteimpreza

I am now.

Thanks for the heads up.

grahamh
    Free Member

Thinking about it, just need to fill in the entry form and post it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hopefully. Forest is a bit of a mess at the mo' though after the felling isn't it? Just got back from a day out and a lot of detours 😉 – still good though.

psling
    Free Member

You're right mamadirt, it is a bit of a mess with the felling in the main mtb area but trails will be cleared again and new ones found 🙂

It's an ongoing thing being a working forest; the Doughies area is due for harvesting before long unfortunately 😥

I'll be marshalling again at the Enduro so I'll be cheering anyone entered along and hopefully pointing them in the right direction…

sp
    Free Member

Hi psling our Beyond 925 presence is committed elsewhere again, dame shame we cant get to this again. (please forward your email, thanks Steve)

Rickos
    Free Member

I'll be on holiday, but I'd hope the course is better this year. Too much height loss on fire-road last year for my liking. What's wrong with going down on all that lovely singletrack?

psling
    Free Member

Steve, will mail you this evening.

There wasn't a huge amount of fireroad although the link to the final descent was a longish stretch. Don't know where they're planning the route to run this year but it's bound to be similar to last years I would imagine. Anyway, climbing on singletrack is much more 'involving' than fireroad climbs 😉

ollieT
    Free Member

Have you got to pre enter or can you enter on the day?

psling
    Free Member

Pre-entry only I believe. Entries close on 23rd September. Might be worth a call to confirm though if you're not able to pre-enter for whatever reason?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi Peter, yes there has been alot of felling lately.downhill runs are all back together just the top of swallowvallets to clear.motor cycle trail is great.i think once the felling has stopped and the trails are clear they will be out in the open more and dry quicker.May take a while but i reckon it will be better than ever and they wont be back their for years.Dowies will be a shame hay ho.Could get clearing parties sorted out.

peteimpreza

They said pre-entry only last year but when I joined the sign on line on the day they were taking on the day entries.

timber

had plans to, but still don't think my back will be strong enough in time, tried persuading the gf, but she has kind of chickened out now…

worth a day out to watch still

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

I am doing the event now

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack this but I reckon D1 will benefit from felling. bit of work and the worn out bits will be replaced.
    Pete, have you got a 90?

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

I will be there again hopefully if the weather forecast is good for the event and lead up. Did it last year and loved it but dont fancy that sort of track in the wet. Will be riding down to the Boat in Redbrook afterwards to get lashed…. nice!

psling
    Free Member

You're right sheppie_hill, some of the uphill bits are erm, shall we say, hard work in the wet! Can't think of a better way to end the day than the Boat 😀

Yes matt, I do have a 90.

Dancake
    Free Member

Myself and two other chaps will be going. it will be the first Enduro (or race of any kind) for all three of us! (2 laps)

looking forward to it.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Nice plate.

psling
    Free Member

😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing Forest of Dean Enduro on Sunday Sept. 27th?’ is closed to new replies.