Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Anyone doing a solstice ride?
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

Planning to take advantage of nearly 17hrs of daylight?

Where you going?
    Who are you going with?
    How long are planning to ride?

cupra
    Free Member

I was meant to be mtbing and bivvying (Perthshire) but the forecast is so sh*t I have postpoend it until Weds night which will hopefully be better.

MrSparkle

Yes.
    Somewhere on the moors between Darwen/Bolton/Bury.
    My son and a mate.
    Not loads but a couple of hours or so.

This is all a bit weather dependant, btw.

What about you?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wallace1492
    Free Member

Whangie.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Been over Cross Fell the last 3 years. Had been planning on going up the Calf and down Bowderdale, but one of the regulars is away with work so its posponed (conveniently until better weather too)

rocketman
    Free Member

The Summer Solstice ride is just as important as the Xmas morning ride oops

Will be putting in a lap of Cannock after work it’s great to go out and not faff about with lights

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Was meant to be doing one but its been cancelled on account of our “summer” weather. Speedwork and hill reps in the rain for me instead!

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Waiting until Friday night, heading out at 6.00pm, and hoping to stay out until Sunrise.
    Heading out on Cross Bikes, and plan to do some routes around Edinburgh, then into the Pentlands, then the Cloich Hills, then the Moorfoots, then some routes around Midlothian, then head to the top of a hill to watch the sunrise.
    If anyone wants to join in for the full/partial route then e-mail me.

rOcKeTdOg

i’ll be out after work, forecast looking good

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, shall be roadie’ing tonight as the trails are all bogged up from the torential rain we’ve been having recently..
    I’ll tiptoe out of the house at 1700 and return somewhere between 2030-2130 it really does depend on how my legs feel..
    I’m hoping for a decent sunset and if the clouds blow over like they’re supposed to then a decent sunset over the Downs will be a very fitting end to my day…

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’ll be up on the monkey trail and follow the dog at cannock this evening for a couple of hours.

kiwijohn

Winter solstice down here. Going long tomorrow night.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i was going to finish work at 10pm tonight, head to the hills for the sunset, then ride around til sunrise at half 4ish. but i’m flipping exhausted, and didn’t count on being out for 6+ hours when i first thought of this! 🙄

MrSparkle

I’ve decided that our ride will be Sparkle & Son’s Soggy Summer Solstice Single Speed spin! Catchy, eh?

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Have a Munro top bivi planned.

Ride down at 4am, at work for 8ish….

Think it is going to be a moist one 🙄

TheBrick
    Free Member

planned a bivi trip but I’m think I talking myself out of it.

Single speed very hilly ok but single speed very hilly and windy I’m less keen, add on the fact that the camping spot I have ear marked is on the SW coastal path, ready to catch these strong SW. I’ve defiantly talked myself out of it. Nearly.

rockhopperbike

did Geneva to Halifax yesterday- wet wet wet…..

on the powered two wheeler!

good to be home though

marionheck
    Free Member

fraser – which one you planning on? I was planning one but think it might get postponed till better weather, no point sleeping on top of a munro when you can’t see anything but grey and it is raining!

soobalias
    Free Member

got a run planned before the end of work
    got the gym planned after work

now have a ride planned to see sunset, probably 15miles all in.

JPR
    Free Member

Have a Munro top bivi planned.

Ride down at 4am, at work for 8ish….

Think it is going to be a moist one

To be honest I don’t know what anyone’s complaining about. I’m looking forward to there being no midges.

racefaceec90

sorry to be an idiot but when is the summer solstice?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

today!

racefaceec90

ah 😳 no then (lazy sod that i am 😉

FraserHughes
    Free Member

marionheck – thinking Ben Lawers…

Aye rain beats Midge any day!

clubber
    Free Member

Think I might go out tomorrow morning nice and early.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Fraser Hughes – Member
    marionheck – thinking Ben Lawers…

Aye rain beats Midge any day!

You really sure? No shelter up there and the forecast is continual rain, wind, cloud base at 550m and about 4 deg at the top. If you do it, big respect – I wouldn’t

corroded
    Free Member

Yep, home early (at 7.30pm) then out until it gets too dark or I get too hungry.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Cannock Chase for a few hours i’d say. Hardly making use of the daylight awesomeness though.

BoardinBob

Non stop torrential rain in Glasgow all day. Tonight’s ride cancelled. Couch, beer and biking DVDs instead

FraserHughes
    Free Member

You really sure? No shelter up there and the forecast is continual rain, wind, cloud base at 550m and about 4 deg at the top. If you do it, big respect – I wouldn’t

Aye, still going for it. I shall report on the stupidity of the idea tomorrow!

There is a wee shelter just passed the summit at about 637414

EDIT: Alex just saw your email, will reply. Cheers.

JPR
    Free Member

Worse things happen at sea.

MrSparkle

Let’s get some pics taken and posted on here, folks. Dry here now. Have a good one!

rOcKeTdOg
    winterfold
    Free Member

Feckadoodledo

Everything cleared up down here and the light and shadows in golden hour on my namesake hill were just bodacious to the power awesome.

Our island at this time of year is so beautiful.

collie
    Free Member

Macc forest for an hour, just me and the dog. Lovely evening.

rewski
    Free Member

Yes, lovely ride up on the North Downs around Woldingham, hardly a soul around.

dawson

Yep, 26 miles round Clumber Park, nice sun, saw a deer, legs now feeling the tingle of brambles that have left their mark – will put a few ride pics up tomorrow

Ambrose

Shock died, then it was lashing down with rain, so I sorted the shock and some brakes, then it was raining even more heavily. Riding in the Beacons tommorrow instead.

JPR
    Free Member

Just in the car after Fraser’s Munro trip. I don’t like him anymore.

marionheck
    Free Member

so how did it go fraser?

I decided not to go out, was going to go to Beinn A’Bhuird and sleep on top but think I will keep it for the first clear night we have from now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing a solstice ride?’ is closed to new replies.