Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone do the Motorbike trail[Murdocks] today FOD?
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not a pretty sight at the bottom of the trail back along on the flat 😥

CheesybeanZ

it was there intact and stiff yesterday afternoon

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not now back end has been partly eaten very red and clean and fresh if you see what i mean.

wilko1999
    Free Member

No but Dowies, Dr Johns, Y2K, Bluebell run etc was effing brilliant, hope the rain stays away

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Dowies was great.What do you call Y2K?know loads of trails just not there names.Weather looks like its going downhill from Wednesday onwards worse luck :cry:Worcester Lodge was excellent.

psling
    Free Member

Y2K is the downhill from Worcester Lodge nearest to the Cannop Cross/Broadwell road (some call it the Followthrough)

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers PETE year 2000 will switch my brain on now suns got to it :lol:Did it yesterday guys were changing the little jumps up the top.

psling
    Free Member

8)

I’m wondering which the Bluebell run is?!?

I was ‘dogsitting’ over the weekend; out walking daughter’s labrador over Staunton way on Sunday. 2 or 3 groups out enjoying themselves, trails looked great.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Ha yeah sorry year 2000. We went down there about 11:30, all the ‘off-piste’ classics were quiet as hell. It amazes me how Pedalabikeaway can be so rammed, but as soon as you go more than about 50 foot from the marked stuff its completely dead

wilko1999
    Free Member

ah, Bluebell run, if you do the classic Dowies (the one that twists in and out of the gulley), then turn right at the end, climb back up, then left at the top. I only call it that coz thats what it comes up as on…. Strava…. sorry, not sure what its ‘official’ title is

psling
    Free Member

Ah, so many different names 🙂

Dowies 2. Some people call the later Dowies trail (to the right of the original and joining three parts of the way down) Dowies 2 which we used to call The Skull. And between there and Murdochs was the Bigfoot trail.

Bluebell/whatever is a great trail but a pig in the wet!

wilko1999
    Free Member

😆 I’m one of those people, always thought the one to the right was Dowies 2

Yeah its ace fun, just wish I could get back out there before the rain comes back. Fingers crossed for a long dry summer… 😐

whiter74
    Free Member

There’s a few more descents near Dowies if you explore hard enough 😉 thats none of the above either.

amt27
    Free Member

saw Dowie out on his bike yesterday

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

Could anyone give up the details to where these trails are? Pm me if its secret
    🙂

amt27
    Free Member

everyone knows where they are, go Strava,

but they are not the best trails in the FoD

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I think Dowies 2 is one of the best.So is the one that starts at Reddings inclosure.The great thing about the Forest is all the link up trails to the good stuff.Other stuff around Dowies is good but not the same.We all have are favourites. 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone do the Motorbike trail[Murdocks] today FOD?’ is closed to new replies.