Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone do Shims for……………
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

34.9 to 30.9

Or

31.6 to 30.9?

Searched but no luck…..

wwaswas

second one only needs a sheet of metal .35mm thick – it'd be a struggle to make somethign that thin that worked I'd imagine,

rolfharris
    Free Member

No, I never managed to find one from any of the regular sources- Wheels Mfg, Use, X-lite, Post Moderne, Kalloy etc.

Shims go to 27.2, some very small sizes and 31.6mm. Are you trying to fit a Command Post to a Scott?

Use do a 34.9-31.6mm one and you'd be able to use a Joplin then.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

nope trying to fit a 30.9 thomson post…. I have a 34.9 frame which has a shim incorporated to 31.6 …. seems daft I cannot fit a 30.9 in any way… grrrrrrr

rolfharris
    Free Member

Ask to swap the post in the classifieds for a 31.6?

mefty
    Free Member

I had a 26.2 mm post that I wanted to put into a 27.2 mm seattube for a cheap build, likewise couldn't find a shim. I experiemented with a 25.4 to 26.4, which is designed to fill the same size gap. Didn't work initally because the shim didn't wrap round the post closely enough when stretched. Cut it in half and works beautifully.

takisawa2

You could get some 2mm alloy sheet & make a shim 30.9 – 34.9.
    Shouldn't be too difficult.

mefty
    Free Member

So this cut in half might work for 30.9 to 34.9

rootes1

<<second one only needs a sheet of metal .35mm thick – it'd be a struggle to make somethign that thin that worked I'd imagine, >>

you can of course buy shim material from industrial suppliers in a range of thicknesses from knats chuff to waffer thin

but you need something a little thicker than aknats chuff..

get a bit of 1.9/2mm alu sheet – find a whole range in small sheets and stripes in your local model shop or engineering suppliers..

plus lots of people selling offcuts on ebay

or see if there is a sheet metal workshop need you and ask for an small offcut

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone do Shims for……………’ is closed to new replies.