Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone developed/ing a health related app?
  • tom84
    Free Member

I have a friend who is making one for diabetics but I can foresee that similar tech would be good for all kinds of health monitoring applications, colesterol levels, for example.

Anyone else doing somethuing similar, especially if you have run trials, got press etc? I want to suggest to this friend that he join a consortium in order to get the last bit of the funding jigsaw in place but it would be good to come with some concrete suggestions or examples.

GrahamS

No, but I’m interested in what your friend is developing.

(I’ve written embedded software for various blood glucose meters and my wife is a consultant in Diabetes and Endo, as well as a diabetic herself).

qwerty
    Free Member

A mates developed one to help couples get pregnant, it works out your most fertile times, he paid out for some consultant doctors to evidence his goods and give it credance, the app / site leads you onto supplements that he buys white label and sells. A lot of time and effort for years of no income, built gradually, finally introducing fees. He’s had other success with this kind of thing.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Tom84 I am not too sure what you mean? Surely diabetics test their blood sugar levels? Does the app talk to the machine?

I know self INR testing is being done, but that is using a bit of kit to test the blood.

Am I missing the point?

tom84
    Free Member

Funky, i don’t know the deets but my mate (who is diabetic) has a little machine that beeps at him when he has to adjust his blood sugar, the app communicates that data with the hospital I think. It is being trialed at UCLH.

I thought pregnancy would be another good one. There is a lot of investment but no ‘lead investor’ apparently.

gregsd
    Free Member

You might want to point your mate towards the Public Service Digital Exchange (PSDeXchange) as one of the categories is ‘care apps’: http://exchange.publicservicedigital.com/. Your mate could upload details of the app or search for others doing similar things. There’s also a conference/showcase early next year – http://www.adasscareappsshowcase.co.uk/

GrahamS

Funky, i don’t know the deets but my mate (who is diabetic) has a little machine that beeps at him when he has to adjust his blood sugar, the app communicates that data with the hospital I think. It is being trialed at UCLH.

Sounds like he is probably a Type 1 using continuous glucose measurement (probably of interstitial fluid) to adjust his insulin.

There is a lot going on in that market at the moment. I’d be surprised if he has something unique (that meets FDA standards).

tom84
    Free Member

thanks gregsd!

tom84
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Meant to say the INR testing is also self medicating based on the results rather than having to see a clinician.

I am also aware of a wound care app, which I guess is what it says on the tin.

tom84
    Free Member

yes type 1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone developed/ing a health related app?’ is closed to new replies.