Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • anyone dealt with turner for warranty stuff and been charged??
  • renton
    Free Member

Idave 50 was quite possibly a bit of exaggeration on my part !! :mrgreen:

walleater

What a gong show…..just sell the swingarm!

renton
    Free Member

What a gong show…..just sell the swingarm!

:mrgreen:

timc
    Free Member

Im amazed by the amount of Turner warrenty replacements I read about, seems to be a common problem, very off putting imo.

Sad really as my mate had one & it was a great ride, until it broke 🙄

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 coogan, +1 walleater. Turner have been fabulous warrantying a part that didn’t need it on a bike you bought used so turner made no money from you, and you complain that you’ve been stung? 🙄
    If I was turner and saw this thread, the mtbr thread and your moaning emails I’d be p1ssed off, if I was you I would have come on hear praising turners phenomenal customer service and sticking the swing arm on classifieds.
    Ive always heard good things about turner CS but this is above and beyond, which may be why some think your complaint is unjustified.
    I’ll seriously consider turner next time I’m in the market for a full suss.

timc
    Free Member

@crashtestmonkey do you not think there seems to be an unusualy high amount of Turner Warrenty stories? seem to me the warrenty service is beeter thn the frame reliability!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That’s a scuff mark ffs! My bikes are covered in those. If I was Turner I think I would have told you where to shove it to be honest.

Anyway if you had issues with it Silverfish should be dealing with it then you wouldn’t be charged £76 (for a scuff)

Is it April Fool today?

timc
    Free Member

I stand by my post above about a lot of warrenty issues, but having read in full this thread, the OP has a cheek tbh, if i was at Turner my pi55 would be boiling right now, outragous compliant!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah and for what its worth Turner warranty and customer service is the best in the business.

renton
    Free Member

erm, i have sent out my praises to turner on my previous thread about it 2 weeks ago when they said they were going to replace the swing arm F.O.C, i wasnt expecting it to be free and i would have gladly contributed to it in the first place.

however i was just a bit shocked that this bill landed on the door matt yesterday ??

are you all saying you would quite happily pay it if you wernt expecting it??

khani
    Free Member

See my edit on my earlier post, it could have been oh so much worse……….

tidybeard
    Free Member

Renton, will you sell me the swingarm for £76? I’ll also pay your postage, then all is well that ends well.

Serious offer. I’m in the UK and although I’m a new poster on here I’ve been active on the MTBR Turner board for several years. I’ll post the same offer on there.

Cheers,

TB

Vortexracing

Are all te rear ends the same size? If they are then I will consider buying the replacement off you.

Mail me if you want to discuss further, but only if all the rear swing arms are intechangeable. Mines a small frame BTW.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

All the rears are the same size

Vortexracing

cheers Chunky.

mail renton and we can discuss it if you want.

ta

chucky

legend
    Free Member

errrrr you don’t have the bike anymore, you don’t want the swingarm, you don’t need the swingarm and you don’t want to pay the £76 – leave it to rot on the dockside in that case!

/thread (please)

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Oi Rentboy – you are a grade A wang. Allegedly. 😀 😉 😛

recipher
    Free Member

I’m astonished. Flabbergasted. Amazed.

You had Turner send you a replacement swingarm for a frame you sold on. You need to send the swingarm to the fella who bought the frame. It’s a transferable warranty, so the new owner is the owner of the swingarm. If you sell it on, surely that’s fraudulent.

Turner wasn’t to know that you’d be hit for the £76 but if you had a clue, you’d have worked it out yourself anyway.

Of course, he’d also be liable for the £76 but you should probably pay that simply because of the point that Surrounded By Zulus raises (quite fairly and accurately, I feel).

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Recipher makes a strong point, if warranty is valid to used buyers why dont you pass it and the charges on to the new owner.
    Timc possibly, but I have an alpine 160 and I’ve heard a fair few stories about these snapping. And nothing to suggest Orange stand behind their product as much as turner. Which is a shame as I grew up only a few miles away from their factory so I’d love to think they’d justify my support.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

This thread is stupid. As was the smoking in rented house thread. And the slightly worn cranks thread.

I suppose you will whinge about this post too.

renton
    Free Member

Right fellas lets just get one thing straight, the new rear end was sorted out by turner before i decided the frame was to small for me and then i sold it on .not the other way round.

I was going to keep the frame, so posted a thread on the turner section of the mtbr forum explaining my predicament about the cranks catching.

Mr Turner himself said dont worry about damaging the frame and just ride it, i will organise you a new rear end.

After they had sorted it out i tried another set of cranks on it and realised there is nothing wrong with the rear end it was actually the narrow q factor of the cranks that was the problem.

so i bought a new set of deore cranks and fitted them and did a few good rides on it before i decided it was to small for me and sold it on, in the ad i placed a picture of the scuff mark on the sticker and the new owner is happy with it.

then the new rear end turns up and a week later im facing this bill of £76.

i didnt realise that i would get stung with charges for it at all, why should i? im no expert at this sort of thing?

after all the turner warranty threads ive read about them being excellent which in my case is true also as i agree with you all it is just a scratch, nothing major at all, turner were nice enough to offer to replace the rear end F.O.C.

I dint even know who was the turner importer in the uk which is why i posted on the mtbr forum in the first place and even then i wasnt expecting a reply from mr turner himself, i was just asking advice, a bit like i am now and yet you lot are turning this into a bit of a slagging session.

i know i was very lucky to get a free rear end for my bike from them , what i wasnt expecting was a bill from fed ex.

happysv
    Free Member

I’ll take it off your hands Renton.
    Email in profile

renton
    Free Member

This thread is stupid. As was the smoking in rented house thread. And the slightly worn cranks thread.

I suppose you will whinge about this post too

stuartlangwilson…… do i know you or somthing mate, you seem to be stalking me on my previous threads??

why do you have to jump in and say stuff like that, arent forums where you can go and ask advice?? at least this one used to be when i first joined it.

slightly worn cranks…… incorrect chainrings, chipped teeth and not as described.

smoking in my house……. looking for advice only on how to handle it ?

this one…. as above.

yes i know ive been extremely lucky to receive a new swingarm for my bike , unfortunately ive sold the bike on as it was to its current happy owner before the new swingarm arrived,otherwise it would of been fitted tothe frame and sold at a higher price probably.

im just asking about the charges thats all, not had it happen before , so wasnt expecting them.

BigJohn

I think the folks on the MTBR Turner Forum have got it pretty much spot on.

renton
    Free Member

which bit bigjohn

coogan
    Free Member

@crashtestmonkey do you not think there seems to be an unusualy high amount of Turner Warrenty stories? seem to me the warrenty service is beeter thn the frame reliability!

There may have been a few stories, not that many as far as I can see, but the warranty has been dealt with like they said it always would be. If it wasn’t then I’d understand there was a problem. There was the fella who drilled through a rocker arm if I remember correctly and they replaced it all for free. Both my Turners have been excellent and they have always helped with any questions I’ve had.

Renton – fella. Pay the bill and move on. You may not like the bill you were’t expecting, but I can see nothing wrong with what they’ve done. They helped you out and given you a free swing arm, minus shipment for something that was fine in the first place.

renton
    Free Member

coogan you could be onto somthing there…..

to be fair ive not got one bad thing to say about turner, there emails are always polite, they answer quickly and as you can see even if it is something as trivial as what ive experienced they are always there to help the customer out.

if i was ever looking at buying a frame form brand new i would seriously consider another turner, only i would make sure i got the right size this time.

even from the very few rides i did on my 5 spot i could tell it was special !!

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘anyone dealt with turner for warranty stuff and been charged??’ is closed to new replies.