Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone complained about a BUPA consultation ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

If so, what did you do and how’d it go ?

Saw a consultant about my back and it was like a 1970s Reggie Perrin episode, he spent loads of time telling me how bad his back was and isn’t it a shame.

Not impressed, interested in other’s experiences.

Thanks.

aP
    Free Member

Phone them up and tell them and see what happens?

flap_jack
    Free Member

Indeed I will, but it can be advantageous to have other folk’s experience first.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mantastic
    Free Member

Where you based? I saw a couple in Birmingham who got the job done

flap_jack
    Free Member

Milton Keynes…

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Did he misdiagnose you? Or is your complaint due to his whingeing?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Oooooohhhh – This one has a lot of potential.

Perhaps you might have had better service from the NHS. 😉

flap_jack
    Free Member

Did he misdiagnose you? Or is your complaint due to his whingeing

Lack of assessment due to time spent whinging.

Perhaps you might have had better service from the NHS

Probably would have got the same bloke, but in May. Then I would be complaining against the NHS, which I would find much more morally troublesome. And I and may have prevented someone less fortunate than myself from getting that slot in May.

showerman
    Free Member

saxon clinic??

Kryton57

Almost. I was told after I arrived for my FULL company medical that the male Dr I’d asked for wasn’t available. Instead I stood rather uncomfortable in only my pants for an hour in front of Ms sexy 25yo jnr practitioner 2006 whilst poked and prodded me including a testicular exam. I had to concentrate very hard whilst she rolled my B**s around in her fingers for a couple of minutes. Could have been messy.

I really felt like complaining that day.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Saxon clinic indeed. First time I’d used it and the whole organisation seemed shambolic – incorrect details of problem on my referral, running very late (I noted the time was caught up on my appointment) and completely unlike other clinics I’ve been to (bit of an injury prone year).

Really not sure whether to go back for the follow-up or get a fresh start elsewhere – if that’s an option…

curiousyellow
    Free Member

If I felt there was a lack of assessment due to poor professionalism then I’d complain too. Don’t they ask for feedback afterwards with BUPA? Else just give their member line a call.

What is it you think he may have missed?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Good luck! I am still fighting a complaint with them after about 5 years!

money grabbing useless bas*ards

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Saxon clinic appears to be BMI, not BUPA owned. although BUPA have contracts with them.

Usually BMI or other private hospital providers are providing the room and clerical support, and the Consultant is not working for them but is self-employed for that element of their work, but may be reimbursed by BUPA if they are your insurers.

So… follow the money…

If your consultation was paid for by your insurers, I’d possibly contact them and complain, with a copy to the Consultant.

If you are paying for the consultation yourself, I’d initially write to the Consultant himself, setting out your complaint. If you are unhappy with the outcome, contact the manager of the Clinic.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

M-I-L had very poor consultation recently when consultant didn’t have results of test or even basic idea of her condition. Charming, general chat ensued which was of no use to anyone. So M-I-L simply wrote immediately expressing her dissatisfaction and reasons and stated that she wouldn’t be paying for the consultation. Consultant apologised and accepted it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone complained about a BUPA consultation ?’ is closed to new replies.