Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone commute (drive) through Macc and/or Congleton of a morning?
  • IHN

I’ve got an interview in Crewe on Friday which, from Whaley Bridge, on a decent run, is about an hour. Thing is, if I were to do it as a commute I’d be hitting Macc about 7:15/7:30ish and Congleton about 7:45/8:00.

I can’t imagine Macc will be too bad at that time, but what’s Congleton like that bit later?

IHN

*cough*pardon?

buck53

Maybe try checking Google Maps navigation at that time tomorrow morning? It gives an ‘In Current Traffic’ travel time, should give you a ball park idea.

binners

I used to work in Macc. Its hellish in the morning!! Did you really need to ask? I did it on a motorbike which was less frustrating. I wouldn’t have even contemplated driving.

You were repeatedly warned that you were moving to the worst place in the developed wold for traffic, weren’t you? But did you listen? Did you? Eh? Ooooh no. You knew best, didn’t you?

IHN

But what time were you hitting Macc Binners? I doubt there’s a lot of traffic there at quarter past seven in the morning.

buck53

IHN – Member
    But what time were you hitting Macc Binners? I doubt there’s a lot of traffic there at quarter past seven in the morning.

Disproving the ‘didn’t listen’ accusation brilliantly, there! 😉

carlos
    Free Member

Macc at that time of the morning is pretty quite tbh, even heading along Cumberland St and on to Oxford Road. Once your on Mongleton Road it should be clear till you hit the lights on Rood Hill/Clayton Bypass then I reckon there’ll be traffic building up the hill to the roundabout near the bike shop, but prob not chokka block

From there on it’s going to be pot luck as you’ll be hitting rush hour

SidewaysTim

Never mind those two, by the time you hit Crewe you’re ****.
    Leave an hour earlier at least.

IHN

Ta all. Where I need to be in Crewe is just of the bypass on the Sandbach side, so I don’t need to go into the town.

Anyhoo, I’m going over there tomorrow for the interview, so I’ll use that as a dry run.

IHN

Well, if anyone’s interested, it took an hour, bang on. Macc was dead, Mongleton was fine, Crewe was starting to get busy.

SidewaysTim

Well, if anyone’s interested, it took an hour, bang on. Macc was dead, Mongleton was fine, Crewe was starting to get busy.

Excellent. Trying to get across/into Crewe in rush hours is a pita. Hope the interview went well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone commute (drive) through Macc and/or Congleton of a morning?’ is closed to new replies.