Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone catch Tirreno-Adriatico today?
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

How bloody good was that finish? I think Froome needs to work on his descending. Was amazing watching Nibali and Rodriguez plummet down the hill… and then Sagan casually caught up with them!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Just watced the highlights and it looks to have been a great days racing. Sagan is a monster – beats Cav and Greipel in a sprint one day then wins a stage like this.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

He’s so bloody exciting. Only 23 years old, too

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Great days racing. Some of them hills looked brutal. Sagan worked his ass off to win that, he had a go at it yesterday but the hills were too long for him, today’s short sharp ones were enough for him to hang on.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

He’s red hot favourite for Milan San Remo now.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

When the whole grupetto abandoned, Taylor Phinney decided to ride on, finishing 37 minutes down and nearly 15 behind the next to last finisher. He’s been on twitter about it this evening:

After all my grupetto mates threw in the towel w/130km to go I continued on alone in the rain attempting to make time cut. No results yet…

Probably the most trying day I’ve ever had on a bike. When I wanted to stop, I thought about my Dad and I didn’t quit. I made it, 37min down

I thought abt my Dad because I know if he could be me on this day, healthy and disease free, he would spend 6.5 hrs fighting to finish too.

And now I’m on the massage table crying like a little girl. So many times I wanted to cry today, it’s all coming out now… Emotional day!!!

Officially out of time limit. Rules r rules and I wouldn’t want them bent just 4 me. I already did the math so it isn’t a surprise. Onwards!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Proper hard race today.

Some brutal climbing, proper brutal.

taxi25
    Free Member

30% WTF !!!

Blackhound

Saw one rider walking up the 30% climb!

tang
    Free Member

Best days racing I’ve seen for a while. Handy group up front in the last 10k! Sagan, purito & nibbles. Can’t see nibbles losing it now. Favourite part of the season!

speckledbob
    Free Member

Only managed to catch the last 2k on steephill. Sounds like I missed the good stuff. Anyone got a link?

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Watched it live on Eurosport HD, great racing. Some of the best. Shame that Froome took a kicking but great racing nonetheless.

rOcKeTdOg

djglover
    Free Member

Pro riders pushing 10k bikes up hill, what a great sport 🙄

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Brilliant days racing Sagan is an inspiration and he likes to take the piss, I was under the misapprehension that If you got off to walk in a pro race I you were disqualified, must of dreamt that one up.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Should have fitted the triple.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Pro riders pushing 10k bikes up hill, what a great sport

That looks like a sportive race

But with bigger chainrings

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I remember Contador fitting an Apex rear mech to get up the hills one time. Mullered them all that day too. But aye Sagan total hero! Both him and J-Rod really liven up a race.

federalski
    Free Member

Officially a fan Of Phinney now. Cheers Ormondroyd.
    With so many pulling out it would have been so easy, seeing Andy Schleck pull out again so early for what feels like the millionth time has made my mind up on him…

kennyp
    Free Member

Froome was riding 36×28 and still thought that wasn’t low enough. In that case I’d have needed something the size of a dinner plate at the back. Great riding from Nibali though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone catch Tirreno-Adriatico today?’ is closed to new replies.