Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone care to recommend a hotel in Paris…
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

Myself and Mrs BB are planning an escape from the kids for a long weekend at some point over the summer. Anyone care to recommend and places that they’ve stayed that have been/heard of that’s been particularly nice?

Location not massively important, beyond being ‘central-ish’ 🙂

Ta in advance!

atlaz
    Free Member

If you like modern, try Mama Shelter. Stayed there a few times in Paris and it’s a good hotel. Has a good bar (even if the clientele can be a bit tryhard at times) and there’s good restaurants in the area. It’s also pretty cheap.

Smudger666

Hotel de l’odeon in the Latin quarter – really nice place – perfect to impress the missus! No restaurant but they do a cracking continental breakfast

Home to the best put down I’ve ever heard…..,the concierge was on the phone to a UK punter who,was obviously trying to haggle the room rate down a bit, in heavily accented English he said, “Monsieur, zis ees a faave star ‘otel In Paris, eef you want cheep, try brighton’ and he hung up on the guy! Made me chuckle.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A couple of places I have stayed, first one nicer – decent value for central Paris and both good locations

Best Western Trocadero (you can ask for a room with view of Eiffel Tower)
    Hotel 7 Eiffel (simple palce, Rue / Place Saint Dominique has a few nice bars / bistros – walk to Eiffel Tower/Invalides/Pont Alexandre III etc )

jambalaya
    Free Member

@smudger666 – that’s a top story !

OP download the app “la forchette” and do some searches for restaurants and/or see if what you want is on the website, you can get 20%-30% off the bill by booking through the app. In the past I have walked past places and had a look in, if I like them I try and book on la forchette and bag the discount, then walk in. Might be harder to do Fri/Sat in the summer but worth a try.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Thanks all – c’est tout?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone care to recommend a hotel in Paris…’ is closed to new replies.