• This topic has 55 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Anyone bought an Apple Watch Series 3 yet?
  • wallop

Thanks doubleu – Apple Music is obviously the other option under consideration, so good to get your feedback. Is there a 6 Music playlist on Apple Music? 😆

Edit – thanks hammy

doubleu
    Free Member

There is a spotify app – I dont think its properly official but does the job (to a degree)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/watchify-for-spotify-on-watch/id1012564934?mt=8

Wallop – I’ve just checked for you – and yes there is a BBC 6 Music playlist on Apple Music 😆

benp1

I’m still using the original Apple Watch. I was an early adopter and have found it’s still working well for me

One of the changes I made was going from Spotify premium to Apple Music premium, or whatever they’re called. Same cost, but it’s much easier getting music going via Siri with the Apple service. It’s just as good, just different

I listen to music every day on my commute to and from work, plus at home. Apple pay on my wrist is so handy

edsbike
    Free Member

Series 3 non-LTE here for a few weeks.

I’ve never seen it been below 65% battery when I put it on charge before bed.

No long bike rides though, but done days with a tracked run with music (no iPhone) and several hours of tracked dog walking, plus standard notifications and asking Siri to add stuff to my shopping list.

I’m chuffed with it. Makes a newish Garmin running watch look like a cheap toy.

hammyuk
    Free Member

No – thats an app that uses your spotify playlists AND needs your phone nearby – not a Spotify app. Spotify itself does all that and more.
    Besides – read the reviews – says all you need to know about it…..

Jamie
    Free Member

1 mark for self aggrandisement and another for passive aggressive condescension… 2/10 must troll harder

I didn’t see it as trolling.

I have been off the ball today, tho.

huggis
    Free Member

So got my Fenix 5 today…it’s really nice but….the display is really hard to read :-(.

Think may need to look at AW again.

huggis
    Free Member

…or start taking reading glasses on the Hill!

oikeith

Only negative so far has been how easily the screen scratches but my old watch had sapphire glass and was near indestructible

I recently picked up a OG Apple Watch and managed to scratch and crack the screen as it does protude quite a lot! A friend has the sapphire version and he shows no fear even rubbing it against walls to show how tough it is! If they still do sapphire glass go for it!

Jamie
    Free Member

So got my Fenix 5 today…it’s really nice but….the display is really hard to read :-(.

Really? In any particular light, or all the time?

My VAHR, same screen tech, sometimes needs to be angled, but is spot on outside and I am willing to pay for having to sometimes slightly move my wrist to get the always on screen.

zilog6128

If they still do sapphire glass go for it!

they do, with the stainless version (which is what I think I’d go for if I got one, for that reason!) which is a couple of hundred quid more – or the ceramic one if you’ve got mega bucks!!

huggis
    Free Member

So picked up an AW to compare with the Fenix. It seems likes a toy in comparison to the Fenix and the interface is overly complex for use when exercising. And the protruding glass screen. Only a matter of time before that’s damaged.

The AW will be going back.

four
    Free Member

I’ve looked at them but feel the Garmin Forerunner 35 meets my needs better + it’s under £150 so I will get that.

huggis
    Free Member

Just thought I’d update after 1 week with Fenix 5. Have used for hiking, biking and swimming and cannot fault the watch. 9 days and still not had to charge either.

batfink
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a new vivoactive over the AW

So picked up an AW to compare with the Fenix. It seems likes a toy in comparison to the Fenix and the interface is overly complex for use when exercising. And the protruding glass screen. Only a matter of time before that’s damaged.

I thought I would end up with an Apple watch, but this was pretty much my conclusion too. The AW I tried on in the store (with a fabric strap) felt like it came out of a cracker, and the interface just didn’t feel intuitive at all.

Jamie
    Free Member

I ended up going completely sideways and picked up a Vivosport. Decided at the mo I just wanted something small, light and with the ability to make me aware of notifications. It’s 23grams and gives 8hrs of GPS, so will see how I get on with it and probably pick something else up next year sometime. Let the Garmin and Fitbits of this world work on their offerings,.

FWIW:

AW3 was too pricey and more smart watch than I needed. Plus battery.

VA3 had too many features I just didn’t want from a design point of view. Sideswipe was a gimmick, the one button only had limited use, the vibration motor felt pretty weak, no manual laps and a few other annoyances.

Ionic looked like a microwave.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought an Apple Watch Series 3 yet?’ is closed to new replies.