Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • anyone built a pizza oven
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Wood burning type for garden
    Fancy giving it a bash

sv

I want to but it’s on the long list 🙁 it’ll be the one from the bread builders book when I do get round to it…

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Not a Pizza oven but been thinking about a Tandoor. Seen some ideas on t’ínternet and really fancy having a go.

Alphabet

I’d love to and it’s on my (extremely long) list of DIY jobs. Perhaps I’ll make time for it early spring next year although I’d probably want to lay a patio first.

windydave13
    Free Member

Pizza oven is next on my list. Just built a tandoori oven from an old bin, and a plant pot. I’ve since added sand all around it to add extra insulation.

Still experimenting with fuel to get it really hot, but the kebabs and Naan bread are awesome

Firing up the tandoori oven. Thai chicken kebabs for tea. by windydave13, on Flickr

Drac

Not yet but I’ve bought a book the other week with some great guides in, plan to at some point but when that’ll be I can’t say.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Brick-Oven-Building-Baking/dp/190494325X

edhornby

I’ve got the bricks and the space and an italian father in law to provide encouragement (so Mrs Ed is on board with it) but there are other DIY jobs that need doing which are higher up the priority list…

sv

+1 for the dustbin/flowerpot naan, tasty they are 🙂

gazc
    Free Member

another thing on my to do list, i’m going to build it in with a bbq and worktop for chopping stuff up on too to save arsing about with folding tables

sadly i’ve got an entire garden to level, a shed/deck/hammock area to build, and a load of paving to lay first… :-/

hooli

I have and can highly recommend it, not only pizza but meat, bread and a lot of other things get cooked too.

There some free plans here –

http://www.fornobravo.com/pompeii_oven/pompeii_oven.html

The site also has a forum, some great builds and recipes in there.

I have no links to the above site BTW.

tinybits
    Free Member

only posted so I can find this thread and links again!

buck53

only posted so I can find this thread and links again!

Add this topic to your favorites

^^ Dead useful, that link! 😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

pizzamaking.com is the pizza resource on t’web

backinireland
    Free Member

Brother built the tandoor bin from Jamie Oliver guide, reckons it’s really good.
    Been looking at these brick oven plans but fire bricks appear to be about 3quid each so looks like a pricy job

jonahtonto
    Free Member

63% dome height to door opening is the key (apparently) the best thing to build them out of are storage bricks from an ‘economy seven’ storage heaters

ive built 2 for customers and they are great, they cook a lot more than pizzas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘anyone built a pizza oven’ is closed to new replies.