Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone broken their scaphoid more than once?
  • davosaurusrex

If so how did it heal?

Managed to punch a small tree I didn’t see in the twilight half light yesterday, even before I’d hit the ground in the resultant crash I knew I’d buggered my left wrist again. Broke it 22 years ago and it didn’t heal well, reduced movement and a bit arthritic. Hoping it isn’t impaired too much more from this one.

Bit of a bugger as I had a boy’s weekend riding in the peaks in a fortnight and the QECP enduro the week after. Bum.

m0rk
    Free Member

Nope, once (so far) was enough

On the plus side Scott has said you can still get full refunds for the Enduro if you can’t make it. On the double plus side, come and marshal with us, get free beer & food 🙂

peakyblinder
    Free Member

sure I read they can patch it up with bits chipped off your hip or something. I got a screw through mine so really don’t want to whack that again.

davosaurusrex

Had thought of that Mork, what time do you need to get the there for Marshalling? Got a couple of mates still racing

davosaurusrex

Don’t fancy having bits chipped off my hip to be honest. Can’t I just have a job like Luke Skywalker done in this day and age? Technology my arse.

m0rk
    Free Member

16:15 for the Marshalls briefing – if they’re racing you can heckle 🙂

ThePinkster

I have, done my left once but my right twice, from falling off bikes both times, although the last one was over 20 years ago.

Never had any problems with it since though, if that helps?

davosaurusrex

Oh yes, there will be heckling! I called our team Fat Ginger Racing and I didn’t name it after me. Hi Jamie, I know you’re lurking!

davosaurusrex

Always good to hear pinkster, ta. Mind you I just read bullhearts thread, nothing like a bit of perspective when you’re feeling sorry for yourself

welshfarmer

Broke mine in a nasty climbing accident about 28 years ago. Didn’t realise it was fractured amongst other injuries and it had healed (badly) before it became a problem. Anyway, after about 10 months they decided to rebreak it and set it again. I am not sure what they did but I have a big scar on my wrist and it still aches in cold weather to this day. Also that arm has limited range of elbow/wrist movement compared to the other one.

So yes, I broke my wrist twice, but not really in the way you were asking 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone broken their scaphoid more than once?’ is closed to new replies.