Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone broken the stringy bit on their KS Lev?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Just got back from a ride where my Lev had stopped working..
    Thought it might be the cable but popped the cover off to find that the stringy bit that operates the post has broken.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    I’m hoping jungle will come to the rescue as it’s only less than a year old…
    Grrrr…

Northwind

A mate of mine did but he reckoned it was human error when he was servicing it. Was fixed pretty quick and for free though

stevied
    Free Member

Cheers NW. I bought from zee Germans but hoping Jungle may be able to sort it. Mine broke mid-ride

JoeG
    Free Member

The little metal end came off of one of mine when nearly new. Fixed under warranty by KS USA no problem. Lev warranty is 2 yrs, IIRC,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

stevied – Member
    Cheers NW. I bought from zee Germans but hoping Jungle may be able to sort it. Mine broke mid-ride

Not seen it but your first port of call is your retailer not Jungle (their warranty budget is sourced from the posts they sell not the ones that are sold in Germany)

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s not a dificult thing to fix if you can get the Kevlar cord. I’d be interested to know if that can be sourced elsewhere as I can’t imagine it being unique to the lev.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

My string broke 😯 , got a new one from stif. Haven’t actually got round to fitting it yet though.

If you’re giving it a bash, get a strap wrench. The bottom part of the post is an utter ballache to get off.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Mine broke, needed quick repair and there was no UK importer at the time, used a length of braided fishing line – still working one year later

warpcow
    Free Member

Friend of mine used fishing line of some sort to fix his (was told he’d have to wait 2 months for a genuine replacement). It’s been about 9 months with no issue so far.

You do know you can use a good old fashioned gear cable don’t you? Will need the outer too though and it just screws straight into the clamp rather than looping over.

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies fellas.
    I’d rather not do it myself as it’s less than a year old 🙁
    Last time it broke Jungle did say they could fix it but I’d already sent it back to Germany. I’ve emailed both so will see what answers I get..

I’d rather not do it myself as it’s less than a year old  

You’d rather send something back (possibly to Germany) than replace a snapped cable? Surely you fitted it yourself when it was new?

stevied
    Free Member

You’d rather send something back (possibly to Germany) than replace a snapped cable? Surely you fitted it yourself when it was new?

Not the remote cable, the inner actuator cable that goes inside the seatpost 😕

Ah, I see. My mistake, sorry. That is a pain

jairaj

FYI – for any one who fancies giving it go at home, its not very hard to open it up and give it service or replace the inner actuator cable.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYjhtPFZ4I[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone broken the stringy bit on their KS Lev?’ is closed to new replies.