Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone bought tickets form getmein.com – advice sought.
  • ski
    Free Member

Tried to get tickets for a gig for my mrs, but sold out!

So planning to use getmein.com

Just wondering, do the ticket prices tend to go up closer to the gig date or do they go down?

Is there a magic time to buy at?

CountZero

I get regular updates from them, because they’re part of Ticketmaster, if I’m not mistaken, but never been tempted; I’ve looked at the prices, and felt my debit card trying to escape from my wallet in a panic! There are price levels I won’t go over when concerts go on sale, let alone the eye-watering prices that gmi.com show.
    The magic time to buy is when the concert tickets go on sale, usually 9am on a Friday, although Elbow pre-sale tickets for registered fans went on sale this morning, for example.
    It’s pre-sales that can bite you, main tickets sales for Elbow will be Friday, so that’s a week, I’ve phoned at 8.55 for 9.00am sales before now, and found tickets sold out by 9.15.
    Some venues have registered Friends, who get priority, so that’s another hurdle to getting good tickets, as well.
    Who is the act, btw?

russ295
    Free Member

I used them to get one direction tickets for my daughter.
    Paid £180 each (£35 face value).
    The morning of the concert they still hadn’t arrived even after contacting them daily for a week and them insisting they were on there way.
    Got an email of them at 2pm that there were no tickets and a refund and a £100 voucher was on its way.
    Not a happy bunny!
    But on the other hand I know people who have had no problems.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t viagogo be a better option?

A mate and I have used them perhaps five or so times to get tickets when neither of us bothered getting them in time. We’ve always paid a little over the odds but the tickets have always come through safely.

ski
    Free Member

Who is the act, btw?

Mr Buble 😳 I did say they were for my wife 😉

DD will check that site too, thanks.

scuttler

Gmi/viagogo touts. Is ‘secondary ticket market’ supposed to make it sound legit? Leeches.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stub hub?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought tickets form getmein.com – advice sought.’ is closed to new replies.