Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone bought these bags!
  • pingu66
    Free Member

Found these people and was wondering if anyone has used them?

http://www.blackrainbowproject.co.uk/

pastcaring
    Free Member

the owner of BRP had this made for the great divide, custom bags obviously.

i’m on the waiting list…

Black Rainbow Divide Ride

petrieboy

Dont think I’d bother buying something from a company that couldn’t be bothered building a proper website.

composite
    Free Member

Think I would be more worried about them building proper bags but hey each to their own. 😐

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What sort of bags are they? Pannier bags? Bar Bags? Courier Bags?
    Who’s going to order off that description?

pastcaring
    Free Member

quality of product over quality of website?

nealglover
    Free Member

quality of product over quality of website?

I can only judge one of those at the moment though ?

Drac

Think my screen is broke can’t see anything on that website.

pingu66
    Free Member

Well I hope that they get the site up properly soon so I cann what they have, agree that they need to prioritise that.

pastcaring
    Free Member

i guess he’s getting enough work threw word of mouth. i think he’s still a one man band and does a lot of custom work. maybe a working website would overwhelm him?

i agree it would be nice to see pics of some of his work.

monksie
    Free Member

£300 for a courier bag? My Tour Divide cargo carrying capabilities will be supplied by the much more austere Wildcat Gear.
    It looks lovely but I can’t justify that much money.

pingu66
    Free Member

@monksie

I agree that its the functionality you want, if its 5 or 6 times the price its unlikely that it will function 5 or 6 times better. The Wildcat Gear could be ideal and they are UK made. the only others I had seen were in the US.

d45yth
    Free Member

pingu66 – the only others I had seen were in the US.

You’ve haven’t been looking in the right places then. There are quite a few folk making them here in the UK and across Europe.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Scott who makes the bags and the sole owner/tea-maker/constructor of BRB is a detail obsessive and he cuts no corners in sourcing the right materials and methods of construction.
    he’s not a brand manager, marketing guru or computer geek.

nealglover
    Free Member

Luckily, you don’t need to be a computer geek to pay someone to build you a nice looking, simple, website.
    A few pictures, a bit of info, job done.

d45yth
    Free Member

Most of these one man operations struggle to keep up with demand or keep a constant stock of the best materials to make the bags with. Like pastcaring said, maybe he doesn’t need the extra business yet. There’s nothing worse than loads of phonecalls or emails when you’re too busy to do the work.

nealglover
    Free Member

There’s nothing worse than loads of phonecalls or emails when you’re too busy to do the work.

I would agree with that, but the website he does have is canvassing for email enquiries.

The whole page is a clickable email link to send an enquiry.

If he wants to collect enquiries, he could at least have an image or two of what he’s selling to let people know what they are enquiring about.

shortcut

You lot have no patience. Give the guy a break, drop him a mail. It’s not difficult while he is getting sorted.

pingu66
    Free Member

Yep just a few images would save some hassles so you can at least see if it is what you are looking for.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought these bags!’ is closed to new replies.