Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Anyone bought themselves a new bike with their xmas bonus……..;o)
  • Big-Pete
    Free Member

Yup 😀 a red un

bigsi
    Free Member

Hmmm, xmas bonus = No

and given I've just had to go self employed in order to keep my "job" with the company I've also not had any income for the last month or two so no presents here either. Still it hasn't stopped our MD taking his 5th foreign holiday of the year, 2 weeks skiing in the Alp's. Its alright for some 😡

GaryLake
    Free Member

skidsareforkids: once I got over myself on the whole real riders can ride rigid thing, putting suspension on the iO made it a right laugh.

rich-6
    Free Member

Christmas bonus! Hell they cant get my wages correct normally nevermind bonus ontop. I would love a superlight to go with my heckler though 🙂 Maybe next month, Got about 5 months backpay to come 😆

damion
    Free Member

I got one with my tax rebate, thanks to Sly69. I'll get some pics up when I find the cable for the camera.

I'll actually get to ride it tomorrow…… ye ha!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I've just brought this home, it was free!

mrmo
    Free Member

christmas bonus? oh you mean the redundancy check i am getting in 9 weeks.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I got £5.00 tip this year, can't wait for the sales 😉

naokfreek
    Free Member

No bonus as such but did buy myself a Mountain Cycle Rumble LTD Edition frame, will be a few weeks till she's up an runnin though, something to look forward to me thinks..

Daffy

Yup, a grey un 🙂

No bonus though…just debt. 🙁

Wozza
    Free Member

No bonus here… but I did end up selling a lot of holiday back to work.

Trying to talk myself out of a 1993 Cannondale Delta V on ebay. I don't need it it's just because it looks nice.

Clicky

Should I?

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Id like to echo others mentions of what bonus and raise you a voucher to spend in go outdoors woooooo really glad i did all that hard work for them this year.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

My employers stopped paying Christmas bonuses about 1992. I do get a performance related bonus but don't get that until March, well after the tax man has taken 40% of course…

bonesetter
    Free Member

Hey Eve – cool beach bike – i likey 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I'm not sure what to do with it, any ideas? 😕

dangriff
    Free Member

Bonus? I'm grateful to still have a job.

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Bah Humbug !

bonesetter
    Free Member

Repair & sell/use?

If I had the room I'd love one

nodrog2
    Free Member

No, but i did buy a 37 inch LCD tv and bluray player with my bonus.

tonyg2003

My company is thankfully bucking the global recession trend and gave everyone a bonus this Xmas. The deeply cool bit was that everyone from the CEO down to the part time secretaries got the same. The part timers were absolutely blown away (not that much) and it's great since everyone does contribute. My bonus – not sure where bike related – got to get over the Missus "one bike in one bike out policy" first.

mattyh222
    Free Member

not really a xmas bonus as such, but ive had some cash floating around from the sale of my last bike so i thought id treat myself to a new steed before the races start again!

Should be a real beaut!

Matt

Gooner
    Free Member

thinking about a Tomac Vanish to replace my ageing heckler

yetiguy
    Free Member

got me one of these

grahamt1980

After our 6% pay cut they decided to give us £500 as a goodwill gesture.
    So it has gone on a hustler frame 2nd hand to replace the dead meta

ton

i got one of these with my bonus…
    and it is very nice too..

steve_b77
    Free Member

I got me some XT shifters & mechs and some SLX brakes for the Nicolai with some overtime I got this month, no bonus though 😕

soops
    Free Member

wozza – do it!
    I saw it too! 🙂

stevestunts
    Free Member

In April I was promised up to a 4% payrise for my team and I if we met a certain number of targets by September, which we have done.

I was told last week that, if they gave us that payrise, they'd likely then have to lay someone off come next April. So, no extra cash coming our way.

Really glad I've been working all those extra hours, to the detriment of my relationship and biking time 🙁

0pt1cal
    Free Member

No pay rise but full bonus this year with company posting record profits. I had a large clear out sold the tracer and bought an uzzi vp, also have a yeti dj frame on order courtsey of the bonus this year. Can't complain at all this year and feel very lucky to be in the position I am in compared to some.

druidh
    Free Member

No Xmas bonus for me, but I'll be taking a wee slice of my forthcoming tax rebate to buy a Ti tourer and a Cross bike of some sort. Can't make up my mind between the Yeti ARC-X and an Ibis Hakkalugi.

teagirl
    Free Member

NHS don't do bonuses! I'm stuck with my Spesh for another year unless anyone has more of a bonus than they can cope with? 😆

wee-al
    Free Member

No bonus as such, i did however get a pretty decent promotion. And with that came an extra ten days off shore. So as a little well done to myself i'm thinking about a Planet X SL Carbon with ultegra build in the new year.

Should probably pay off the car instead, hay ho.

GW
    Free Member

Eve Libertine – Member
    I'm not sure what to do with it, any ideas?

wheelies? 😉

NZCol

Not a bike no but a van and 911 😮

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

Christmas bonus = being made redundant on Christmas Eve. Super.

dickie
    Free Member

No bonus for me either, but I've split & sold off two bikes, so went & bought a white Turner DW Flux on Saturday.

Ton – see you at Hit the North – Are you going to have a crack at the full Whinlatter again or just the half? I can't decide after crawling over the line second last, last year – but should be better prepared this year.

BigDummy
    Free Member

So, this thread went well. Glad you've got a bonus and a new bike ton anyway. No-one needs that more than you. 😀

ton

BigDummy – Member
    So, this thread went well. Glad you've got a bonus and a new bike ton anyway. No-one needs that more than you.

you sad cinical ****………….

and to the rest of you…..nice one, there are gonna be some very nice bikes knocking around the trails come the spring…
    and it is good to see it is not all doom and gloom… 8)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Witness the smiley lad. I'm happy for you. 🙂

IA

Ah but all folks (like me) with no xmas bonus – all these folks with their shiny new bikes will hopefully be shifting old ones on cheap…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought themselves a new bike with their xmas bonus……..;o)’ is closed to new replies.