Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone bought Prescription glasses on-line
  • jimster01

As above really, if you have how did you get on regards fit and the like?

Cheers.

DezB
    Free Member

Couple of years ago – speckyfoureyes.com – voucher made them about £15.
    They’re ok, but the fit is pretty bad! I wear contacts most of the time, so it didn’t matter too much.

therevokid
    Free Member

glasses direct … 3 pairs to date, 2 are vari-focal. no problems
    with fit, finish our delivery. defo recommend.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    daver27
    Free Member

i used Extreme-eyewear. Super helpful, glasses were ace (Rudy project zyons with RX insert) and 3 years later still going strong.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Did you just phone up your optician and get your prescription?

BillOddie

I have bought 2x set of Oakley prescription Sunglasses from http://www.theinternetopticians.co.uk One set I already had the same inj non-prescription and the other set i tried a mates pair on for size before I ordered.

I have also bought a set of prescription Oakley “normal” glasses from http://www.pretavoir.co.uk. I’m ashamed to say I showroomed in Vision Express before ordering them.

Tracey

Kevin has had two sets of Oakley’s from here, he had his prescription.

https://www.extreme-eyewear.co.uk/

Easy to sort on the phone and by email.

He did try some on after his eye test at one of the big high street chains but got two pairs on line cheaper than the one in store

IHN

I found some cheap sunglasses that I liked and got them reglazed at Ciliary Blue. Hey presto, transition-lensed, prescription sports glasses for about fifty quid all in.

http://www.ciliaryblue.com/

tomd
    Free Member

I bought frames only from an online seller and got them glazed at a small local opticians. It worked out a lot cheaper than any of the big high street opticians and you get the lenses properly fitted and checked for you. It cost £160 all in (£60 frames, £100* lenses), vs £450 at one of the big high street chains.

The small local optician was more than happy to do this – they know they can’t stock a massive range of frames but still get good business this way.

windydave13
    Free Member

glasses123.co.uk for me. Sign up to their newsletter for extra discount. Only used them for the Oakleys which have been fine.

Only challenge is making sure you get the right size frame

Dave

Suggsey
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’ve just ordered a pair of every day oakley Crosslink Pitch from RxSoort.co.uk having initially seen them on Vision Express who are my usual optometrists. I went in to discuss availablility etc and to my horror realised just how badly they can ( I know I’m going to get flamed) rip you off.
    The all in Price with super thin all the coatings lenses was going to run out around £300! I got the same glasses from Rx for £169. The frames alone in vision express were £220. I asked outright if there was any movement on the price of the frames and explained that whilst I appreciated they were a high street shop etc and I knew they couldn’t match precisely the copious availability on the Internet at the cheaper price but was genuinely looking for maybe £30-£50 off (having last year spent a substantial mount more than this sum on Racing Jackets and lenses and a reglaze of my metal framed oakleys. But she said no sorry there is no movement at all on the price unless you can find it cheaper in another optometrists shop. I explained that I just wasn’t willing to pay that much ie RRP and would have to resort to Internet to get what I wanted at a reasonable price and simply asked for my last prescription which she duly gave me.
    I know folk will ask why Oakleys, simply I finf pd them very very comfortable and with a bald head and getting sweaty easily and hating glasses arms that wrap round my ears the rubber nose pads and ear socks of oakley mean my glasses stay put and secondly they are all easy to get reglazed and to get spares for, unlike some other expensive glasses I had from spec savers……but that’s another story!

richardthird

Normal – glasses direct, wait for their monthly 50% offer. 5 years+ now.
    I always buy the same frames, including the free pair, I’m boring like that, but they’ll send you a load of trial ones out free to test.

Cycling – ciliaryblue.com do the curviest lenses into your own frames, cheap.

For free prescriptions book online @ tesco opticians and give their shoddy range of frames a cursory glance on the way out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought Prescription glasses on-line’ is closed to new replies.