Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone bought a Surface Tablet yet?
  • cookeaa

A workmate has just ordered one and excitedly told us all about it at lunch time..

I don’t think he was expecting all the rather negative responses most of which seemed to bo along the lines of “what’s wrong with all the existing iOS and Android products?”

So anyone bought one? any good?
    Can I tell him anything positive?

General consensus in our office was that he’s bought a Lemon…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Never be an early adoptor…

craigxxl
    Free Member

My mate has one and it’s pretty impressive. No split rubber or any other problems with his. Windows 8 works really well and I rate more usable than my iPad but will wait to see what Apps become available for it before trading in. Without the Apps it won’t succeed but if the thyue can compete will the Apple store then Apple should be worried.

mossimus
    Free Member

I have one. Screen clarity makes my original iPad look like something from the 90s. Have not seen a retina iPad so cannot compare.

I had to have a quick google to get the hang of the interface but once that was done it became very easy to navigate.

Having landscape as default is taking a little getting used to and so makes me think of it more as a laptop than a tablet. Seems reliable enough so far. Needs more apps. Both the on screen and the soft cover are nice to type on. Is nice having proper (nearly) office.

Having seperate user accounts is a big plus.

Still getting used to it but currently if wanting to look something up quickly on the net I still reach for the ipad.

Hopefully as more apps become availible and I get used to it surface will become my default device.

FuzzyWuzzy

The Surface looks OK but is hardly revolutionary, I’d def wait a few months to make sure it’s more Xbox than Zune. I’d just buy an iPad if I wanted something right now.

Janesy
    Free Member

Im waiting from the Pro version feb time.

titusrider
    Free Member

got one and been very impressed, even without the keyboard (bought it in the US so didnt want a US keyboard)

Much less V1 than i was fearing. Im pretty sure the app store will grow, even if MS have to subsidise it massivly they are committed to it for Windows 8

I would probably give it 8.5 out of ten (already a Windows phone 7.5 user)

CountZero

Having landscape as default is taking a little getting used to and so makes me think of it more as a laptop than a tablet.

There’s a major flaw right there. If I need to use a keyboard with my pad, I’ll just use the BT one I already own. If I want to be restricted to that format, I’ve got a 17″ laptop I can use.

CountZero

Another issue I’ve read about; you have to buy the 32Gb version, because the OS uses 16Gb! 😯

frogstomp

Mine turns up tomorrow.. to be financed by my MacBook Pro that I can’t remember the last time I used, and my HP Touchpad (which was what largely made my MBP redundant in the first place).

Pook

We’ve got one the size of a table at work. It’s cracking. Not only is the surface a screen, but it’s also a camera so we’re rigging it to do lots of clever little things with stuff you plonk on it.

It’s also got a screensaver that looks like a pond. When you put your fingers on it, the fish come to nibble.

Oh, and it’s got 5 point touch recognition which is good.

edit: obviously it’s not a tablet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Will see how V2 goes but looks interesting. More work thing than angry birds but thats not a bad thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a Surface Tablet yet?’ is closed to new replies.