Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone bought a Sony Bravia television recently?
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve recently bought a new Sony Bravia television and the guy in the shop said that the stand can be used as a stand or to mount it to the wall.

This appears to be the case, but after a bit of Google-fu I think I might be missing the bracket for it to hang off – can anyone confirm whether their Bravia came with a bracket for wall hanging?

andyl
    Free Member

it is shown in the instructions or does it have the dreaded words “optional” or a star pointing towards such text?

billytinkle
    Free Member

It only came with a quick start guide, I’ve not found a manual for it yet!

This is the one – http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/sony-bravia-kdl40w605-smart-40-led-tv-22067504-pdt.html#cat-0

Stoner
    Free Member

Its a two part white metal bracket about the size of a kids drinks carton when put together.

It should have come in the box.

As it happens, I have one spare. If you cant find yours and the shop dont sort you out, you’re welcome to it. I was only going to weld birdshit to it one day 🙂

billytinkle
    Free Member

Cheers Stoner, I’ll go back to the shop tomorrow after work and let them know it’s missing.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday (KDL40W605B) and I was a bit mystified by the stand too as it’s supposed to double up as the wall bracket but I couldn’t see how that worked while I was fitting the stand to the bottom. Wall mounting will come later and I was just curious to see how it worked.
    Can’t find any wall mount instructions in the quick guide or handbook though? 😕

Very impressed with the picture, I had to tweak the green a little in the advanced settings to get a neutral colour balance and just use the ‘cinema’ picture style. I use it for checking editing jobs that are done on an expensive graphics monitor but wanted a bigger HD panel to reference. HD broadcast looks fantastic.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Works like this as far as I can tell for wall mounting…

Only mine didn’t come with the small square bracket – hope yours did!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Not got that thingy, box is still here and it’s empty 😐

billytinkle
    Free Member

Hmmm, dibs please Mr. Stoner! Will report back once I’ve spoken with Curry’s.

Stoner
    Free Member

billytinkle:

Ive just had a rummage around in the metals box in the shed (where all unused brackets go to die/recycle) and dug out the sony ones (I had two sets, from two TVs).

The problem is I only have those two sets of two parts. And it appears there are other parts required.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4453094131.pdf

Franky its the most ridiculous wall mount bracket design conceivable. You’re welcome to the bits Ive got, but Im afraid you’ll still need to source parts D & G on the pdf to be able to mount the TV. Sorry.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Right, I’ve been back to the shop and I have a definitive answer. The salesman either lied to make the sale or didn’t know his products well enough.

The model I bought cannot be used with the supplied stand to mount it to the wall, but models further up the range can (any they come with the bracket in the box). This model needs a standard vesa mount.

Stoner, many thanks for your kind offer anyway.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ah at least I know I need to buy a VESA mount.
    I guess I read so many reviews and different specs/,model numbers that I too assumed the stand doubled up as a mount.

andyl
    Free Member

Did they offer to throw in a wall mount then due to their mistake? I suspect not! Amazon normally has some good deals for wall mounts, much cheaper than shops.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a Sony Bravia television recently?’ is closed to new replies.