Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone bought a Radon?
  • shanta
    Free Member

Just interested in customer feed back on Radon bikes and customer service etc..Mainly interested in there road bikes though.

welshfarmer

They are the brand sold exclusively via a single factory shop in Bonn or via Bike-discount.de. Therefore customer service will be via that company I guess. No idea with the road bikes but their mountain bikes consistently come top or thereabouts in the German MTB mag tests

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

4 of my known cycling associates have Radon’s; one who we shall call “bike breaker” has, would you believe it, broken his, twice. Radon have been typically Germanic in their response, factual, minimal and effective. He broke a rear triangle and then some suspension bolts, I understand Radon have now started to fit their bikes with S/S bolts. All four riders are definitely in the “Ride it and Rag it” as often as possible bracket and all would recommend their bikes.

poey50
    Free Member

I bought a Radon Slide 29er a couple of months ago. They out-spec Canyon on a price-to-price comparison and you can get one in about a week rather than three months for the Canyon. I’ve not heard of any serious after-sales problems. There are plenty of reviews around in German – but you can translate them. They are seriously rated in Europe but they make no effort to advertise in the UK. What happens when you don’t have a big advertising budget? You can produce outstanding value bikes.

woodnut
    Free Member

I’ve had a Radon hardtail for about 18 months now. Fantastic spec for the money (SRAM X0, Sid fork, Syntace finishing kit etc for about £1200), light and rides really well. I’m really pleased lots of miles in all weathers, so far I’ve only had to replace bottom headset bearing and gear cables. Delivered quick as well.

tindal11
    Free Member

I bought a Radon Spire 7.0 a couple of months ago. Had a couple of queries on sizes and got quick replys from Radon. Delivered withing a week, no damage, bike is perfect, completed a couple of triathlons on it with no issues, the bike is very light and im very happy with it!! Hope this helps!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Saw three riders on then at Cwmcarn the other week. Looked very nice bikes

shanta
    Free Member

Cheers all, looking good so far as I am I interested in there Spire 7 road bike or maybe there Aero bike.

sandwicheater

Rode with someone at Gisburn who had the slide, looked like a great bike and when I followed him seemed to soak up the bumps nicely.

The fox forks did look very noodly on it. Shame you can’t upgrade to some pikes on the website.

dknwhy

I’ve got a slide 8.0. Delivery was 1 week from order I think. Great spec, really pleased with it.

shanta
    Free Member

Cheers all, looking good so far as I am I interested in there Spire 7 road bike or maybe there Aero bike.

Tindal11..what size did you get/how tall are you ?

tindal11
    Free Member

Shanta, im 6foot, got the 56cm and im happy with the fit! frame is lovely, started looking at their MTB’s too now….

shanta
    Free Member

Cheers tindal11, fancy either the Spire or the Vaillant.

flattyre
    Free Member

Anyone ridden a Black Sin?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I bought a Radon Slide 29er a couple of months ago.

oooh now thats a good looking bike

shanta
    Free Member

My mate has just bought a Cervelo, which looks pretty much same spec as the Vaillant only 2K+ more expensive.

shanta
    Free Member

Tindal11

Thats interesting that you have a 56 at 6 foot. I told Radon i was 5’10 and they suggested a 58. That said the top tube is 56 on the 58, same a my 56 Trek . Do you think a 56 (54 top tube)would be ok for myself.

tindal11
    Free Member

shanta,

I sent them all my measurements, height, torso length arm length inseam etc. and this was their response:

for a racelike position/riding style we would advice you to go with 56cm, if you prefer a more relaxed position, go for the 58cm frame. Stem in both cases is 100mm, handlebar come with 44cm width, only the cranks are different: 172,5 mm with 56cm and 175mm with 58cm.
    For further informations on the geometry please also see our Radon homepage:

Hope this helps!

shanta
    Free Member

Cheers, i will send them my measurements.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a Radon?’ is closed to new replies.