Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone bought a Lenovo laptop recently?
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

Trying to find out how far the screen goes back on these, anyone any experience with recent models?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Just got a L420 with work.

About 150 degrees according to the protractor on my phone.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got an X200 and it goes all the way back

lodious
    Free Member

Which range are you looking at?

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Got a W520 (work one) at the moment. Screen goes back a lot further than one would naturally want it to (beyond 180 degrees). Not overly impressed with it though at the moment. My old Dell E6400 was much nicer and more reliable.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got a W520 from work and it’s excellent. Drab but very powerful and stable. Screen goes further than flat.

dh
    Free Member

another w520 and i think it is great but christ it is fugly.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.. workmanlike is a good word. I have stripped out the Lenovo bloatware mind.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Not narrowed it down to a range yet or even a brand. It’s just all the laptops I’ve looked at so far the screen probably only goes back a tiny bit beyond the vertical. I want something that opens wider than that, doesn’t need to be fully flat – 150 degrees ish will do.

So far my list of requirements are:
    14 inch widescreen
    Screen tilts back a fair way
    Good battery life

But it seems choice is fairly limited for those requirements. I’m not bothered about drabness and it’ll be replacing a 7 year old HP Pavilion dv 1000 so performance wise I think I’ll be fairly easily pleased!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve never had a laptop that didn’t go back 180 degrees… There are millions of laptops to choose from, the best way I reckon is to pick a brand that does something you like and go from there.

For me, I like to look for laptops that install the least bloatware, and make it easy to get rid of.

dh
    Free Member

i got mine through work, the main selling point for me was that it can take 32GB of ram if you get the i7 model, which mine is. so should last bloody ages fingers crossed….

ebygomm
    Free Member

Pretty much every laptop in John Lewis at the weekend barely went beyond the vertical. Other half’s netbook doesn’t and it drives me spare when I want to use it hence the requirement.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s really weird. May I suggest you buy Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell, Sony or HP in that case!

ebygomm
    Free Member

The HP, Toshiba and Sony models in John Lewis didn’t have screens that tilted very far back, maybe this isn’t the case for all models, I don’t know. The way the hinges are designed these days doesn’t seem to allow for tilting. But there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to find out for sure other than testing in the shops. I’ve not managed to find a Lenovo in stock anywhere to try yet hence the question.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Got an L412 (i5 model) & a new 64gb tablet from work, both crap! lockups, reboots and hangs galore. Oh, and thats when they run fast enough to use.

Wide birth if it were my cash.

Chinese tat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a Lenovo laptop recently?’ is closed to new replies.