Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone bled a Reverb from 'empty'? Advice needed please
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I have a reverb which I snapped the button off ages ago, I finally stumped up the dolla to buy a new button assembly kit (just the button, not the whole remote kit) and am in the process of installing/bleeding the system.

It has been sat without a button in it, therefore an open end, for months so I imagine there is a whole load of air in the system. The seat was stuck at the low position when it happened and it still is, while it was broken, with the seat still attached I pulled the seat up plenty of times, but the force within the dropper post just pulls the seat back down to the low position, therefore I imagine doing this would have put a load of air in the system, hence why I write it is ’empty’.

Rockshox have a video which shows how to bleed the system to rid it of any air here…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRlj_JJ8t0
    Which I have used and followed up until the steps at 4:30 however I am a little confused and this is where I need a few pointers if anyone has done this before;

They state that you must adjust the seat to the upright position before starting, as stated I can’t do this, so what is the procedure here? is there a way to do it, or is there a point at which it should pop up itself due to me adding pressure to the system when adding fluid?

At this point the button also feels like it has no pressure in the system, it seems to move around very freely and pressing it does not do anything (doesn’t feel like it it pushing against anything), even if I take both syringes off.

I am a little confused as to why there seems to be no pressure in the system despite there being almost no more air bubbles coming through the system when I pass fluid right through it as shown in the steps after 4m in the video.

Is this a case of having to take the actual seatpost apart? (please say no 😥 )

Any advice appreciated, never done this before so adventuring into the unknown and learning as I go.

cheers

transition1
    Free Member

I would contact Fisher Outdoor UK the Sram importers. Speak to warranty, they know their stuff & am sure have encountered every situation, they will however probably advise sending it in too fix. Sounds like its a strip down job of seatpost but the more you try & do yourself Wrong the more work they had to do to fix it.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Thanks, would you mind pointing me in the direction of who you contacted?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

i broke mine recently and only bled the button… didn’t have to bleed the entire system. I called TF abt it just to check. But mine was stuck somewhere midway.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Panic over lads! I fixed it!!!!! And I am so flippin proud of myself haha!!

Learned something new today 😀

(I broke it in November….)

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

so what was the fix?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Erm I may have jumped the gun a bit… I finished off the service as per the video and at a later point the button seemed to have pressure, then the moment of truth once all back together (when I was completely expecting nothing to happen) pressing the button and it just popped back up.

😳

Therefore no fix really, me just being an idiot and unsure of myself…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bled a Reverb from 'empty'? Advice needed please’ is closed to new replies.