Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone biked in Austria in September?
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Thinking bout going to Osterreich in September this year. Just wondering what it was like, particularly the weather.

I see that the uplifts are open to the end of september.

Thinking of Ischgl, Schladming and Zillertal. Looking for single track glory rides with plenty of down rather than up.

Cheers.

sandwicheater

Drove through Northern Italy, Austria and Switzerland over September a couple off years ago. Campervan and over the three weeks the weather was perfect*

*honeymoon rose tented glasses may have affected my perception.

iolo
    Free Member

Schladming has lots of marked singletrack which is great fun. Many routes around the lakes and mountains in the surrounding areas. I was in Schladming yesterday and it was really beautiful. September weather is normally ok in Vienna and I’m sure it’s the same there.

Edit : http://www.schladming-dachstein.at/en/holiday-activities/summer/bike-and-mtb

ratswithwings
    Free Member

cheers guys.

alpin
    Free Member

i’m in Munich and regularly ride in Austria. weather usually very good around september time.

Saalbach is also worth a look, especially if you are going b&b or self-catrering; you recieve a ticket for all the lifts during your stay if you chose the right hotel (Joker card).

Ischgl is great. some relly nice tracks and not as man-made/parky as Saalbach. area is relatively small, mind.

only ever been skiing in Schladming and it was shit. although that had more to do with the hotel and snow-cover than Schladming itself. very steep DH…!

Zillertal is nice, but there is only one bike specific trail (good, but lots of people find it a bit tricky) and the lift is rather expensive. quite a few hills around Mayrhofen are closed to bikes.

if ouy don’t mind earning your descent, look at Vinschgau, South Tyrol. not much further than Ischgl (just over the Reschen pass) and some fantastic trails. very bike friendly area and 320 days of sun a year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone biked in Austria in September?’ is closed to new replies.