Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • anyone been to the howies store in cardigan?
  • turneround

road trip heading back home to the Gower in a few weeks, thinking of passing through cardigan to pop into the store… ive heard its a clearance store with mucho bargains to be had, its this true, worth a visit??

magowen100
    Free Member

There are a few bargains to be had but personally I wouldn’t go out of my way. Its a nice friendly store but like any clothes shop lots of the bargains are odd sizes so if you’re mister average there isn’t a great deal, if you’re xxxxl maybe. 😀

turneround

well,was i glad i did stop over, for £130 me wife an i got 2 sets of jeans each, i commuter cardigan, 2 nice sets of wifes undies, 3 kiddies tops and 2 pairs of shorts, oh and with the jeans and we both got a set of sample kaizen selvedge jeans for £25 each!!!, and we are average size (me 32, her 12)

defo worth the visit and thanks to Tom in the shop for knocking another 20% of the final price 🙂

geoffj

Cafe down stairs with all the Ray Mears stuff is pretty good too!

tazzymtb

if you’re xxxxl maybe

that’s about 90% of STW forumites right there 😀

turneround

no cafe down stairs in the cardigan shop….. lush cafe up the road in an art gallery, nicest meal and coffee we’ve had in years, great staff too… cant remember name though…

geoffj

There is a cafe downstairs – Fforest Cafe

Different entrance, but same building. Shame you missed it.

Bregante

anyone been to the howies store in cardigan?

No but I did once go in a rather fetching tanktop…..

IGMC

xherbivorex
    Free Member

geoffj – Member

There is a cafe downstairs – Fforest Cafe

Different entrance, but same building. Shame you missed it.

the howies shop is no longer in that building, they relocated earlier in the year iirc.

geoffj

the howies shop is no longer in that building, they relocated earlier in the year iirc.

I see. Must have been in the past 6 weeks, as I was there at the end of July. 😐

xherbivorex
    Free Member

mid august, according to the blog on their site.

http://brainfood.howies.co.uk/2011/08/weve-moved-the-shop/

druidh
    Free Member

Do they sell cardigans?

And do they have a Jersey shop?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

My folks live in cardigan and I often visit the shop when home. the staff are pleasant and polite but i’m always underwhelmed by the clothing on offer. I wouldnt bother with a 3 hour round trip from the Gower to visit the store fwiw. I’m not a massive howies fan however, ands i’m pretty sure v little is made in wales now so i cant understand the price premium either.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘anyone been to the howies store in cardigan?’ is closed to new replies.