Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone been to the BMW museum in Munich?
  • damitamit
    Free Member

Anygood?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

driven past it in an Audi looks cool 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

years ago. There was a big spiral walkway up through the main tower with all their finest on.

The air cooled paris-dakar bikes were the daddiest IIR! 🙂

stevie750

Yes, Many years ago but was good.

rastamouse
    Free Member

I went 6 years ago and they had just started a major renovation project, so didn’t have much open but what was there was really good. I think they’ve just finished the new museum, should be good.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s a really small display case in a dusty corner with indicators.

Ok sorry.

Well, look it, someone had to 😛

neilnevill
    Free Member

I went about 15 years ago and enjoyed it, even though I’m not a really a BMW fan

iamsporticus
    Free Member

There are basically 3 areas

There is BMW Weld which has all of their current model range for you to play around in and a whole heap of interactive toys/gizmos including a pretty good hi fidelity driving sim

Over the road they have the museum proper which has 2 bits to it which you pay for seperately
    One is a retrospective of their model range and is good
    The other is the art car display which for me at least just rocked and rocked
    Andy Warhol – mmmmmmm
    But Jeff Koons = better

Its just over the road from the Olympic park which should also be a must see for you and me and the kids (both girls) had a bloody good time whilst the missus went to MarienPlatz to check out the shops

s4rpf
    Free Member

The art cars look amazing. saw them at lemans last year looked gorgeous on the track and original CSl looked even better

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m touring poss through Germany this year and was thinking of this.

I presume Porsche and Mercedes have similar? My trip is from Brussels to Chatel, better work out how much of a detour this might be…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We went. It wasn’t very interesting.

Only go if you need to get out the rain / cold for a bit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to the BMW museum in Munich?’ is closed to new replies.