Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone been to the Balck Country Museum?
  • Harry_the_Spider

We’ve done Beamish a few times and are having a look at this place with the in-laws and the kids.

Will one day do it?

jamj1974

Ar

lunge

It’s alright actually, if you can get down the mine do so as that’s very good. Well worth a visit with the kids, though the accent can take some getting used too.

Harry_the_Spider

Good stuff. We like a bit of living history. Will it occupy us for 2 days?

LeeW

Not for two days but Blists hill is quite good for something similar on day two, I don’t hink it’s as good as the BCM, not as much to do – and there’s no chip shop either 🙁

Enginueity is near to Blists hill which is ok for an hour or so.

I first started mtb in the woods behind the BCM, ‘ahem’ years ago.

Harry_the_Spider

We’ll take in Iron Bridge Gorge too.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Iron bridge is lovely. There’s loads of museums and down the coalport end (power station end) there’s a play area for the kids by the Severn.

anagallis_arvensis

You can get in free if your on a narrow boat!!

jamj1974

Seriously, it’s very good!

phiiiiil

My parents love it; the fish and chip shop is apparently excellent. We live not far away but haven’t got round to going yet, although I’ve wanted to for ages…

sc-xc

We’re going to the Peaky Blinders night…need to get an outfit 8)

alanl
    Free Member

You can get in free if your on a narrow boat!!

We moored there a number of years ago, and there was no access to the museum – no mooring on the museum side, and you had to walk round and get past a locked gate to get into the museum – has it changed then?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

See if they still stock an excellent pamphlet history. I think it has an orange cover with a long boat on. Written back in the 90s

anagallis_arvensis

We moored there a number of years ago, and there was no access to the museum – no mooring on the museum side, and you had to walk round and get past a locked gate to get into the museum – has it changed then?

Cant really remember, few years ago just drove in parked and went to the chippy. (I wasnt driving didnt take a lot of notice!)

MrsToast
    Free Member

Despite being (pretty much) from the Black Country, I’ve never been to the museum! Does anyone know if it’s wheelchair friendly, I might take my mom there?

alanl
    Free Member

Yes, wheelchair friendly. Some things are off-limits – I think the mine is one of them, but most thinsg are available.

MoreCashThanDash

We had a great day at the black country museum a couple of years back. Quite a bit of hands on stuff for the kids to enjoy. Great fish and chip shop doing chips in proper beef dripping….

Houns

My postie round is the back of it, havent been since primary school, heard it is ok

Not for 2 days though!

vickypea
    Free Member

We’ve been too, and it was really good. Ironbridge is also a very interesting place.

windyg
    Free Member

BCM really good day out.
    Ironbridge is more like 2 days as it’s all spread out at different sites.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to the Balck Country Museum?’ is closed to new replies.