Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone been to Spain at Easter…..
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

Looking at a cheapo 4 nighter early April, seen a few self catering deals from Bristol for £3-400 , we normally go in the summer, but what’s it like at Easter time? Thanks in advance, and thanks to those who’ve replied to my previous threds

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Spain is quite a big place, we live in Cataluña, New Years Day we were walking in the snow in the Pyrenees, yesterday it was 20 degrees, today 11 and raining.
    If you are talking about Southern Spain, Andalucia or the Costa del Sol, Easter can be the ideal time to visit, not too hot and humid.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Actually Majorca is looking favourite now

ransos
    Free Member

Yes. It turned out that precipitation most often occurred on the altiplano.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

IME No guarantees in majorca of t-shirt weather or better at spring half term, let alone easter! You might be lucky though…..depends on your expectation and itinerary.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Edit

Caher

Yes Valencia and Barcelona. Quiet and not too warm. Definitely visit cities that time of the year again.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Easter in Andalucia is well worth a visit. Big Religious processions everywhere and normally warm sunny weather. Easter in Spain

NJA

We have a place in the costa Blanca. Easter is a great time to go. It’s normally about 20 degrees during the day in March and April. Can get a bit chilly in the evenings.

antigee

used to regularly go to Calpe/Benidorm area at Easter for that there climbing of rocks in the sun – typically 20degs or so – pleasant, can’t remember rain spoiling plans – not too hot if got little ones

DrJ

Not Spain, but I have come to the conclusion that Easter is the best time to visit Greece – not too hot for my pale English skin, flowers out, quieter. Obviously not so good for beach activity, but I prefer it – maybe old age creeping on ….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Easter in Andalucia is well worth a visit. Big Religious processions everywhere

It’ll be my first Eostre in Andalucia as a resident.

As you can imagine, I’m SO looking forward to this…

😆

prawny

We went to Majorca at Easter a couple of years ago, it was a little bit later than it is this year though. It was nice, warm in the sun, but cool in the shadows, and cool at night. Definitely t-shirt weather 90% of the time.

Pool was freezing though as wasn’t heated, and there were roadies everywhere.

mattyfez

I go to southern Spain, Vera /almeria area early April most years, and October weather is generally good but expect a couple of overcast days.

It’s like a good British summer, bit hotter though.. peak season is too hot for me on the south coast.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Have place in Mallorca so go lots at easter – days are warm, nights cold; mornings are still, afternoons can be windy; if you’re there for a week expect rain for 1 or 2 days. Having said that we’ve had amazing weather sometimes (25-30C and uninterrupted sun).

Beaches will be quiet but the sea is cold so take wetsuits if you have them, pools are baltic unless heated and prawny’s right there are loads of roadies (esp Germans in matching kit riding 2 abreast in groups of 10). Palma is really worth a look, Easter is a great time as its quieter. If you have kids then mini golf is fab (many all-inclusive hotels have courses and you can rock up and play), as is go-karting – all of which will be cheaper as its off season. There are loads of local festivals which are worth a look and town markets are much quieter than high season. Also check out the Palma-Soller railway, but check that its open as it has been undergoing renovations.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve been to Andalucia in March/April a few times (training camps), sometimes it’s been 20c+ and shorts weather, other times it’s been 12c and raining. It really is a bit of a lottery (and not necessarily a case of the later you leave it the warmer it will be, in fact the times I’ve been there in April have always been wet and cold). No clue about touristy stuff to do though…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can be risky, I’ve had rain in Mallorca and snow in Catalunya, in March/April.

Why not research the weather data?

thomthumb
    Free Member

went cycling in Andalusia at Easter. Weather was great, cycling was great and the processions and floats are one of those memories never to be forgotten.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Spain at Easter…..’ is closed to new replies.