Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone been to Silverstone for F1 Saturday session recently? Tips wanted
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Got some last minute tickets for this Saturday and after some tips from anyone who might have been.

We are staying nearish (25 miles) in a hotel and have circuit parking and general admission. My main question is around timings.

I have a good idea where I want to sit (Becketts) but not sure how busy Sat will be and how mental the traffic is? Once on site will people be marking their territory and setting up camp for the day at 7am for P3 or 5 mins before qually at 1pm?

Any general advice would be much appreciated too.

Cheers
    Nick

alibongo001

Take your beer in!

(They dont mind coolboxes of beer, but a can if you buy it would be 350-£4)

I have been a few times and walked the whole track to take in the atmosphere.

Cant help about the traffic ‘cos we camped at the cricket club in Silverstone village

Enjoy!

andyl
    Free Member

always camp so you can just walk in through the gate in the morning without being stuck in a traffic jam. Atmosphere in the camp site is normally great too.

Bit late for that advice though.

Been a while since I went but people used to set up early with banners, cool boxes etc and leave someone there getting drunk while they go off to take in the atmosphere.

pondo

My two tips would be not to stay in one place (have a wander round and watch from a view places, you gotta do at least a lap of your own 🙂 ) and take something you can get FM radio on with a set of headphones – the cars may be quieter but I imagine they’ll still be loud enough to blat out the tannoy, andin qualifying especially it’s great to know what’s going on. Also, it will almost certainly either red hot or freezing cold, Silverstone normally is. Have a great day. 🙂

kjcc25
    Free Member

It’s a few years ago since I went with my son but some of this may be useful. Get there early, we managed to park in a field quite close to the circuit and so not too far to walk. Took all our provisions for the weekend with us and decided to sleep in the car. On the Saturday we wandered all round the track seeing things from different view points. Back to the car in the evening and moved it as close to the exit as possible . Good night’s sleep then get to where you want to watch the race early.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. Getting there reasonably early seems to be key! Weather looks hitty missy at the moment so hoping it’s not a total washout..

nickc

Come early!!

Saturday not so bad traffic wise, and TBF its a hell of a lot better than it used to be.

brassneck

Park at my sisters house and walk 🙂

pondo

*Thinks* Tell you what, if you had Brompton or similar, that’d be just the job for hacking about the place. You can’t half do some miles on foot, be loads better with a bike.

toby1

We used a park and ride last year on the Sunday, was brilliant, hung around post race for a while rather than rushing off, turned left rather than right out of the park and ride, looped round and missed all the traffic queuing through the village – great day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Silverstone for F1 Saturday session recently? Tips wanted’ is closed to new replies.