Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone been to Sardinia?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Thinking of holiday destinations and Sardinia came to mind, probably because it’s next to Corsica which we have been to and thoroughly enjoyed. Has anyone been? We would probably book flights, hire a car and drive to a couple of accommodation spots around the island.

Any advice?

Thanks

Ed

footflaps

Yep, several times, mountain biking. Beautiful island, loads of great roads and off road track to ride on.

I know a team of MTB guides on the Island if you’re interested? http://www.wildtrails.it/en

sharkbait
    Free Member

Spent 11 days there last August. Absolutely loved it but we spent 98% of the time on a boat in the maddalena islands off the north coast so I can’t really be much help.
    From the two times we ate ashore the food and wine was great and cheap.
    Seriously need to go back because the place and lifestyle we had was life changing!

jimmy

Been once for the climbing – Calaganone? Nice quiet place at beginning may, warm in the day cool at night and quiet. Typical Italian food but with great seafood. When flying in I remember looking at the inland hills with trails sprawling about and would like to go back exploring with a bike.

edward2000
    Free Member

Anyone else?

bubs

Used to go a couple of times a year. Cheap flights to Alghero, short bus ride in and then buses and walking to get around. The old part of Alghero is great. We stay in a converted monastery next to Francescos, cheap, clean and perfectly placed for exploring. Best beaches in that area are towards the old roman bridge out of town (wild tortoises roam the dunes and woods behind them). Find the right restaurants and the food is amazing (especially the grilled fish). Corsica and Sardinia are surprisingly different (the bits I have been too anyhow). Friends have done resort holidays on the east coast (emerald coast?) and only had good things to say.

ononeorange

Yes, group mountain biking. It’s ace, very laid back and remote in the middle, superb riding.

footflaps

There are lots of small Agriturismos doing B&B, much nicer than staying in a hotel etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Sardinia?’ is closed to new replies.