Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone been to Morzine on their own???
  • poiu
    Free Member

Hello,

Due to my mates wasting their annual leave on girlfriends I have a couple of weeks left over to burn. Question is if I go to Morzine for a week on my own would I look like some kind of offender or is it like skiing where some people do their own thing?

Cheers,

Poiu

Pigface
    Free Member

I did met some great people on the camp site and cycled everyday with them.

jekkyl

GoGoGo do it.

BoardinBob

Going with the wife in a fortnight but I’ll be riding on my own every day while she does other stuff.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We’ve had loan travellers join our group when in the resort. You’re bound to meet others to ride with in your accommodation / onnthebtraisl and in the bars. Morzine/Les Gets etc have plenty of marked trails you can ride on your own, the fact it’s busy will help you in case you have an off. I’ve done a Trail Addiction holiday as a loan traveller.

Alternatively the White Room just had a cancellation due to a rider injury so have two spots free if you can travel out soon

guitarhero
    Free Member

Was in a similar situation some years ago, went on my own and had one of the best holidays EVER. Do it

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I did 6 weeks on my own, think i rode on my own for 3 days..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Last time I did a big group trip I ended up doing a couple of days on my own to get away from mass group politics. Was good met plenty of people on lifts and did the odd run with the other solo riders.

Unless I was after mass dh action I would try and get on the white room cancelations though

hora
    Free Member

Do it. Not everyone has a partner who’d happily sit on holiday whilst you ride your bike so its not unusual.

flappjack
    Free Member

Effectively here on my own as wife and dogs don’t ride. Loads to do and it’s not all DH. I’m here on a 15 year old Marin and loving it.

I’ve seen the White room accomodation, absolutely excellent.

bamboo
    Free Member

I’ll be out with the White Room on my own next week; I figure that I’ll be concentrating too hard on not falling off when riding to talk, and the evening meal in the chalet will be a social affair (based on previous chalet holidays to the alps) so it won’t be an issue.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bamboo – lucky man, you will be blown away by them ! I’ve done lots of chalet holidays over 35 years and they were outstanding on my ski trip last December. If I were not still broken from a fall on that holiday I would be riding with them this summer.

bamboo
    Free Member

Cheers Jambalaya – I can’t wait! Just got possibly the dullest week at work ahead of me to get through now!

johnhe

I’ve never holidayed alone in Morzine, but I’ve biked there many times on my own, no problems at all.

Weasel
    Free Member

Yes, I stayed in Chatel and got chatting to some guys from Blackpool whilst waiting for a chairlift heading toward Avoriaz and asked if I could tag along for the day.

Did a great route round La Rosta (i think) then met up later again in the evening for a few beers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Morzine on their own???’ is closed to new replies.