Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone been to Montenegro?
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

Anyone been to Montenegro?

Looks like it could be an interesting place to go…

Conqueror
    Free Member

was thinking of Kotor and Durmitor in particular

Conqueror
    Free Member

someone on ‘ere must of been to this country or through it?

matt_outandabout

Nope, but my mate’s wife is Macedonian and that is an amazing looking place. I *will* go an visit one day – the rivers for canoeing, the mountains for biking and skiing. And the fact that the topping out ceremony of their house involved beheading a goat – on the ridge!

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Yep, best holiday I’ve had. Loads to do, pretty cheap to eat, and being croatia’s neighbour it shares the same awesome coastline. Hit up the national parks for walks. You’ll need to hire a car to get around but accommodation is easy to find and cheap on owners direct. Kotor is a good place to base yourself but worth looking at getting a few days somewhere else to explore from. Try the rafting in the massive canyon in Bosnia!

vondally
    Free Member

we visited Kotor from Croatia and eldest stayed there …………wonderful views but touristy and at times intresting watching nouveau riche eastern europeans, eldest really did not like it at all she loved the national parks and was cycling really really special. She rated Bosnia as the best she visited followed by Croatia/Albania and Montenegro joint

Conqueror
    Free Member

Ah thanks for the info

I’ve been to northern croatia which was pretty awesome… which is why I was thinking of going to Montenegro or possibly some other part of the Balkans

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Montenegro?’ is closed to new replies.