Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone been to Ljubljana (Slovenia)
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Evening all, thinking of going to Slovenia this year, has anyone been, whats it like and is it worth a visit? Not a beech holiday type person, i enjoy foreign cities, museums, art galleries and the like.

Thanks all and enjoy your Sunday

Trekster

Not been to Ljubljana but have been to Slovenia the past 3yrs for hols.
    3yrs ago we spent 2wks in the mountain area of Bovec.
    2yrs ago we spent 2wks at Lake Bohjin
    Last yr we spent 1 week in Croatia by the sea and then transfered up to Lake Bohjin again for a week. Would(will) be going back again, off to Canada to visit friends this yr.
    Only dissapointing place we visited was Lake Bled, too touristy for our liking.
    If Ljubljana is as nice as they say then I would certainly visit but maybe stay somewhere elst, heard it can be a bit pricey as can all tourist traps. Maybe go to Marribor and travel down to Lub??
    The people are friendly and speak good English, some learn 3-4 languages at school due to the Italian/German influences from the war times apparently.

N.B. Latst yr the exchange rates and general cost of living rises had hit the Bohjin tourism by something like 30% according to our hotel receptionists. It was notably quieter 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

yes, its ace. clean, friendly, beautiful setting, great bars, one of my fave cities anywhere in the world and i've been to quite a few

anagallis_arvensis

I went for a weekend with the Mrs a few years ago, it was very nice, not sure I'd be happy spending longer there, but I would say that about any city. Went back to Slovenia a year or two later cycle touring, its a lovely little country. Soca valley, Bled all well worth a visit.

[img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/anagallis_arvensis/slovenia/P1010018.jpg[/img]

coffeeking
    Free Member

Was fairly pretty, but really we're not city people, we left thinking it was pretty much the same as every other city you visit.

Bovec area was nicer:

And Bled was pretty good fun, no more touristy than anywhere else?

Dave
    Free Member

Is Slovenia worth visiting?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theworldofdave/

Yes. Ljubljana is a great place to spend the last day reflecting on a great week's riding ;o)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Did some work there for a week a few years ago. Really liked it. Not touristy like Prague etc. but nice atmosphere and decent bars/restaurants.

Countryside is good too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Ljubljana (Slovenia)’ is closed to new replies.