Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone been to Jersey?
  • fenred
    Free Member

Just about to push the button on a cheap-ish 4 day break in Jersey. Not been to the Channel Islands before and dont know anyone that has… No biking involved, will just be me and the GF ‘getting away’ for a bit…Any views/opinions? Ta muchly 😀

matttromans
    Free Member

It’s great! Been there a few times now as my sister moved there. beautiful coast line and countryside, nice and relaxed. You’ll have a lovely time.

samuri
    Free Member

Do you have as problem with small planes and short runways?

40mpg

Great for a short break, plenty to do even if the weathers not so good, but some ace beaches and rocks to explore.

War tunnels are good
    Havent been to the zoo but hear its rated

You will need a car to get to the far ends though (don’t knpw what bus services are like?)

Do you have as problem with small planes and short runways?

They’ve got a conveyor belt 😉

joao3v16
    Free Member

Been to Jersey I think 3 times, once with a load of mates and twice with my family.

It’s best if the weather’s good, what with the excellent beaches, although there’s loads to do in general.

German Underground Hospital’s well worth a visit, as are several of the other WWII bunkers around the island.

There’s thte Zoo, Jersey Pottery, St Helier for shopping, the castle, Jersey Pearl, a big crazy golf place, loads of restaurants/cafe’s, walk out to the lighthouse, tons of scenic locations & walks.

Greve de Lecq is a nice beach/bay, bit quieter than others, sheltered.

For evening stroll/meal St Aubins bay (nr the castle) was pretty nice.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Wife’s Aunt lives there, so been a few times.

What they all said – the zoo is very good, maritime museum was a pleasant surprise, war tunnels as mentioned. The coastline is amazing – seems to change character completely around every corner from sandy beaches to craggy cliffs and everything in between.

Was amazed how bad the traffic was around St Hellier and how every junction seemed to be completly bind! Other than that, it’s all good!

scuttler

Fuggin loved it.

Zoo’s ace, castle’s ace, beaches are ace, WWII defences are ace, pottering around is ace.

singletracksurfer

was just thinking about going here myself – any (off-road) riding to be had?

Sorry for the slight hi-jack.

wallop

It’s beautiful. Hire some crap bikes and ride to the lighthouse, have some lunch there then freewheel all the way home. You don’t realise the journey there is all uphill.until it only takes you 20 minutes to get back!

The zoo is indeed superb – much more natural feeling than any other UK zoo, the meerkats are a particular highlight.

Good shopping, good restaurants, lovely scenery – has the potential for a very romantic break.

Bunnyhop

The beaches are lovely.
    40mph limit on the roads and they have this lovely ‘give way’ to drivers on your right on all roundabouts so everyone filters in turn.

Best sea food I ever tasted was in Jersey especially the crab.

If you go to the German hospital get there early otherwise in the holidays prepare for a long queue (I took tissues).

BlueGibber
    Free Member

Went there a few months ago with GF and stayed in st helier. Great place and can recommend the wildfire steak house, especially the filet steak!

Did the war tunnels ( worth it but cool inside) and the Durrell zoo was brilliant. We used buses a lot and walked as well. We did go to the devil’s hole but the tide was out so less impressive but the walk back was good

Enjoy

superfli
    Free Member

Spent most of my childhood summer hols there as my grandparents lived in St.saviour. it’s a lovely island with beautiful rugged coastline on-the-job north and sandy beaches everywhere else. Lots of ww2 stuff to see, great zoo and shopping, and fantastic seafood. I used to take my mtb, but it was just along the old railway line and paths. I need togo back 🙁

philstone

Pretty much echo’d above – weather has really picked up here last few days.. PLenty of good beaches – busy ones and quiet ones.

If you need any info drop me an email – been living here for 2 years but have had family here for as long as I can remember.. 😀

fenred
    Free Member

TVM for replies guys…Booked St Hels so hoping the weather holds out and that squeezy jet dont fly us out on a friggin bi-plane 😯

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Jersey?’ is closed to new replies.