Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone been to Grindelwald, Switzerland Skiing?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Any must see/do’s? General options of the resort?

Cheers 🙂

crispo
    Free Member

I love the entire Jungfrau region! Its not the most challenging/most number of runs/highest of places but none of that really matters because there is more than enought to keep most people entertained!
    Skiing wise things to do depends on your ability. Lauberhorn downhill run is good fun. Non skiing the first flyer is a massive long zip wire thats meant to be good and theres also loads of tobogganing too.
    Also Piz Gloria at Murren is an amazing revolving restaurant from James Bond fame and a really good ski down, deffinately worth the trek over from Grindelwald.
    When are you there because theres loads of events on during the winter season?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Should be March 19th.

I’m Upper intermediate but my wife is recovering after hip ops so will be upper beginners to start with 🙂

crispo
    Free Member

Theres some really nice long blue runs from Kleine Sheidegg all the way down to Grindelwald through the trees which are good fun, stop halfway down for apple fritters at Brandegg……very tasty!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Nice region and surprisingly good value – lunch at the mountain restaurants is a lot more reasonable than in the big French resorts.

On the downside, the whole area is relatively low so when it’s warmer the lower slopes do suffer. From memory, because of where it is in the valley, Grindelwald itself hardly gets any sun in Winter.

plumber
    Free Member

Some years since I went but liked it at the time

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I used to live in Lauterbrunen in the late 90’s. Absolutely loved it! Didn’t do any skiing though, sorry.

foxyrider
    Free Member

All sounds very positive 🙂 Getting excited now 🙂

BTW this doesn’t rule out a cheap biking holiday in the Summer !! 🙂 See how the pennies work out after spending out credit card cash back 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Grindelwald, Switzerland Skiing?’ is closed to new replies.