Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone been to Gisburn Forrest lately ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Scored the day of work tomorrow so was thinking of putting the bike in the car and heading up to Gisburn.
    Anyone been up the lately ? And how is it ?
    Cheers

chestrockwell

It was in great condition when I was up the other week. Can’t imagine it’ll be any worse now as the weather has not been that bad.

shaungero
    Free Member

Sweet. It will be my first time there so I’m looking forward to it.

mcnultycop

Hully Gully is chopped up, like normal. Otherwise, excellent.

martinhutch

Take waterproof shorts. Most of it is OK, some of it is in pretty poor condition, although there have been some repairs to the first section, which now rides a little bit more like it is supposed to.

thepodge
    Free Member

there was something on their facebook about knee pads being compulsory on the board walk sections. I asked if this was temporary or if there was an alternative route but got no answer. Anyone know any info?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

knee pads being compulsory on the board walk sections

I’d love to know how they’d enforce that… It wasn’t posted on April 1st was it?

ebennett

The knee pads thing was an April fool. I think they’ve had repeated requests for chicken wire on the boardwalk due to people falling off but don’t want to put it in, so it’s become a bit of a running joke.

tc3nitro
    Free Member

I’ll be there Saturday with a few friends. Been 20 months since I’ve Ben.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s that they don’t want to put chiclean wire down, it’s that they’re not allowed. Something about it not being a natural material in keeping etc etc. That might be complete rubbish mind you but that’s what I was once told! Don’t know why it’s ok over in Wales but not at Gizzy but there you go.

ebennett

That would make more sense than some of the reasons I’ve seen bandied about (hurts more if you fall off, etc). Having been unexpectedly dumped in a bog myself I’m now ultra-cautious any time I’m up there!

fathomer

I went for the first time on the 25th. Though it was really good and like said in pretty good nick. Though the last berm on hully gully was pretty hairy due to the braking bumps.

thepodge
    Free Member

Ah an in joke April fool, well that backfired a bit as we were going to visit as a group but didn’t fancy buying pads so we went elsewhere. Glad to hear its ok though as its the closest centre to the in-laws so always good for a quick blast.

BenjiM

It’s currently a bit wet here. Been hammering it down most of the morning :(.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Gisburn Forrest lately ?’ is closed to new replies.