Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone been to a sandy balls holiday new forest??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

What’s the verdict on sandy balls holidays….my wife is thinking of booking it up…..all we ever seem to go these days is centre parks…as we can take the dog too
    So if anyone has been to both ….I would love their review on that
    Cheers

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Went when I was nine, loved it but that was 23 years ago 🙂 excellent car stickers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sniggerers….

cheekyget
    Free Member

😯 ….. 😆

salad_dodger

Been a few times. Location is great, accommodation was good and bar food in the onsite pub was also very good. Lots of nice walks from your front door and the leisure centre is ok – don’t expect Center Parks level of entertainment though. Only negative for us has been the restaurant which has been rubbish on each of the three times we’ve used it. Very expensive and food not brilliant. Would stay there again.

bentandbroken

I have stayed at CP and have ridden through and used the facilities at SB. SB is not a CP equivalent, but it has won the independent holiday park awards a number of times for a reason.

Examples;
    The SB pool is quite small and does not have any waves, flumes etc.
    The SB activities list is much shorter
    The choice of food venues is short

However, SB is nicely laid out. You can walk/ride in to the New Forest. There are some nice pubs a short drive away. The activities on site are (allegedly) good. The are plenty of other activities nearby (water skiing, horse riding, fishing, bird watching, Roman Villa etc). The lodges are good quality and are frequently updated (I saw some being delivered a few months ago)

It depends what you want, but if you go don’t expect a Centre Parcs

dknwhy

I’ve been to both and echo the above really. It’s like a mini, cheaper, not as good version of Centre Parcs but in a better location. Great access to the forest and beaches aren’t that far away.
    If you’ve not been to that area before, head to Highcliffe for a walk along the cliff and beach. If you’ve got kids, take them to Mudeford Quay to do some crabbing.

xcgb
    Free Member

An old mate is the bike shop tech….. Think he’s still there haven’t been in touch for a while, say hi to Will for me!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We looked at camping there in the van for a few night last summer after some good recommendations but it was knocking on for £100 a night! As it happens, we stayed somewhere near Lymington that was weird beyond belief (guy selling dogs from a caravan, Mad Max-esque kids running around playing music boxes etc) so we only stayed there one night and ended up in a Premier Inn at Christchurch for the other night as it was lashing down. Good breakfasts though.

dknwhy

Sorry to break it to you DaveyBoyWonder but I think you actually camped on a traveller site.

Drac

mav12
    Free Member

ive been a few times nice location cabins are well specced but it is expensive , bar food is ok pub just up the road ,put bit of food out at night and you will get visit from badgers

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looking back, I think you might be right dknwhy 😀

Shame as it was in a great position, 10 mins walk to the sea looking over towards Colwell Bay etc on the Isle of Wight.

matt_outandabout

Is this like going to Centre Parks with the wife? 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

“doff’s cap”

cheekyget
    Free Member

Great replies thanks guys…..are the cabins / lodges as clean as CP?….and is the beach walkable, the one near it??,
    As I’ve always wanted to take my dog to the seaside….now she is nearly 15… It might be my last chance 😥

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’ve been a few times and enjoyed it, the fact that it’s smaller than CP means it’s quieter and has a bit more of a personal feel to it.

I can’t remember a beach being within walking distance though. Plenty of owl noises at night 😀

dknwhy

We camped when I went so can’t comment on the lodges.
    Beaches are definitely not walkable.15-20 miles away.

bentandbroken

Agreed, the beaches are definitely not walkable! However, they are only about 20 mins away by car

If you are not planning on bringing a car, then CP may be a better bet. However, if you let me know when you are heading down I may be able to take you and the dog to the beach for a couple of hours 🙂

cheekyget
    Free Member

Thanks bentandbrken..if we go I’ll take you up on that kind offer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to a sandy balls holiday new forest??’ is closed to new replies.