Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone been through a TUPE process?
  • jwt
    Free Member

As per the post, some raging speculation at work has lead some to believe we may go through the TUPE process, has anyone any experience of how it works / doesn't?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Going through it at the moment! Drop me an email if you like.

z1ppy

Just about to embark on it, gunna be redundant in around 3 month.. Tupe might mean your moved across but doesn't guarantee any long term emplyment.

"business requirments" is the relevent term, if the new business (external supplier) feel they don't have a "business requirement" for you, then your gone. Just like the 20 member of our 35 man team

LeeW

Wen through it around 7 months ago email me too if you want to know anything.

afrothunder88

I went through it as a student on a placement. Literally didn't notice any difference. Kept all the same benefits that I had on the previous contract and got paid on time which was all that mattered at the time to me. But I can't remember anybody else having any complaints about it.

Hope that helps.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Check TUC website – I am fairly sure there is good info there.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Also going through it at the moment. I think it very much depends on how experienced the relevant HR teams are with the TUPE process. In my case, it is shambolic!

doc_blues
    Free Member

Out of interest, what happens to your length of service under a transfer of this nature?

say for example you have worked for company A for 10 years, but the your team are outsourced, meaning you are then employed by company B (in the same offices owned by company A, doing the same job). If you were to then be made redundant by company B, does your 10 years with company A count? or have you just essentially lost it and have only the time accrued with B to count towards any agreement?

(reason for asking is it is looking highly likely that mrs doc will be a victim of this process within the next six months or so)

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yup, continuity of service is one of the mainstays of TUPE.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Length of service is carried over, so if you are made redundant you get paid for your years there.

doc_blues
    Free Member

cheers guys – I thought that would be the case – have downloaded the big document from http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/employment/trade-union-rights/tupe/page16289.html and going to pass it on for her to wade through.

I guess it depends on why your company is being taken over.
    I worked for an independent truck dealer that got taken over by a chain of truck dealers.
    There was never any doubt that they wanted to carry on the business and we would become part of their chain, so no one was too worried and there weren't many changes.
    Getting taken over by an asset stripping company with a reputation for building houses on brownfield sites would have been a different matter.

LeeW

I think it depends on how the take over is carried out too, if it's a share sale then your service is gone – as I'm reliably told by many of my colleagues.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been through a TUPE process?’ is closed to new replies.