Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Anyone been out whilst the footballs been on?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

These sort of threads do nothing, but show the OP to be a bit of a nob. If you do not like football*, then that’s fine. You don’t like it, but it just turns out a lot of other people do.

Why is there this perceived, ball achingly hipsterish, awesomeness in not liking football? As if one is above those grubby proles, scrabbling around in the gutter in their own piss and shit, that do? What was wrong with starting a thread about how you went for a ride and it was awesome? Rather than use what could have been a positive thread, as a vehicle for your disdain of others enjoyment. If it’s about the amounts of money involved, then do you extend the same bile towards F1, tennis, golf, boxing etc?

*swap football for Apple, same point.

andytherocketeer

Seems to me it’s the football-hater haters that have the problem. Must be something that magnetically attracts them to a thread by those that express their general dislike or non-interest of a sport that is a bit “in yer face”, and difficult to avoid (impossible to avoid when it’s “The” World Cup). I could have gone in to one of the Euro 2012 threads and ranted there, but… I didn’t.

I dealt with that lack of interest by guess what… partaking in a sporting activity that I do enjoy, and then watching 2 other sporting activities that I enjoy. I trust the football-hater-haters also partake in the sport which they dearly love, and love to talk about and analyse? (I’m guessing yes, since they tend to use the word “we” a lot when talking about “their” team).

always shows the ones chosen last in PE

Second to last for football actually 😉 My friend Jason would win the world championship for own goals if there were such a thing. If Italy had picked him, then England would have won 10-0 last night. 10 whole goals more than were scored by 22 or so top-flight international players.

ononeorange

Well anyway it was lovely and quiet out last night. And not even raining. Wish it was like that every evening.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rocketman
    Free Member

Yup it was most excellent last night far too pleasant to stay in and watch anything on tv.

Not quite as good as that Sunday afternoon a few years ago though Eng v Germany

EhWhoMe

OP , you should have kept riding for more than two hours instead of rushing back to tell a bunch of strangers on a forum you have been out on your bike..you also forgot to tell us what you had to eat afterwards and if you have had a cup of tea latley..

Freester

I went out for a little pootle on the (quiet) roads last night the only thing bad about the ride was the occasional whiff of barbeque smells making me hungry. I guess other people took advantage of the lovely weather also.

I must admit I got back in time for the 2nd half. It was on in the background as I ate my tea.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I went to the Chilli Peppers gig. I didn’t even know the football was on. I normally manage to avoid it effortlessly.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I rode road last night, as I have done during all the England games. As I did during the world cup. I did the same on Christmas day morning too. Deserted city centre streets, not a soul in sight. It’s great – I get to live out my 28 Days Later fantasies.

xterramac
    Free Member

Just read that the England footie team have been stuffed again. Glad I didn’t waste my life watching the crap.

stgeorge

I didn’t even know the football was on

Sure plays a mean pin ball

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“always shows the ones chosen last in PE.”

3rd from last, please!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

always shows the ones chosen last in PE

Because PE was always football. This is the main problem with this country.

portlyone

lol the main one?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

lol the main one?

Best excuse to ignore the real problems then.

emac65
    Free Member

Watched all the footy,the F1 & even some tennis…..
    Riding wise -rode 3 times in the week last week,went to Afan Saturday(rode W2),been out this morning for a couple of hours,will probably get another couple of rides in before the weekend too…
    Roll on the TDF & the Olympics-I just love sport,playing & watching thanks…..

treemagnet
    Free Member

[Moon landings nah was out on my bike could have been landing on the moon for all I cared]

They landed on the moon?? …No way!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol we did football, rugby, athletics, basketball, gymnastics, tennis, badminton, hockey and a few others. By 6th form we could climb or ride bikes (normally home).

smell_it
    Free Member

I did a 112 mile road ride on Sunday, returning in time to pop to one of my local pubs with a mate where I had a lovely homemade tuna pasta bake with garlic bread, and some extra garlic bread (I thought my bloated football watching 65kg frame could take it). Had a few pints of fine ale, and watched the match in the beer garden, which was surprisingly quiet. Not a great match and the right team won, and then we watched the super league show on the iplayer over the pubs wifi. I had a great day. On the saturday, I had an early ride and then headed to Birmingham for an afternoon of athletic’s, which was was also top. Cracking weekend, not sure I had time to be a hater, but I’ll try harder in future.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been out whilst the footballs been on?’ is closed to new replies.