Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Anyone been out whilst the footballs been on?
  • paulos
    Free Member

Just been out for two hours whilst the footballs been on, brilliant decision if i do say so myself. Cant stand them the over paid fannys

foureyes
    Free Member

yes, great ride, although the pub stop was definitely weird, loads of fat people sat around wearing england kit

andytherocketeer

Stayed in and watched the DH.
    Won’t catch me watching fottie. Don’t even know who was playing.

Went out earlier, on purpose, before the rain arrived.

paulos
    Free Member

:mrgreen: ha ha brilliant, was that the football squad at the pub?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Really wanted to as the weather is great but second guessed myself after going out y’day AND today!
    New to mtb’ing – seriously worried it’s gonna take over my life!

lipseal
    Free Member

Na been on here posting on this thread ….STILL going

ton

i dislike football, always have. i am a proper egg chaser.
    but tonight i thought i would watch the football, try and be a bit patriotic and all that.

the england team are absolutley **** shyte……….they deserve to get beaten by a far more entertaining and unlucky italian side.

forza italia………… 😀

reedspeed
    Free Member

I have just done 6mile !,I’d sooner watch paint dry than watch football !..

ton

looks like home time now……….. 😆

souldrummer
    Free Member

No but I have been watching Julius Caesar on BBC4 instead – very good I have to say.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘Football’, what is it?

RustySpanner

esselgruntfuttock – Member

‘Football’, what is it?

A sport with the ability to turn those who don’t like it into a bunch of smug tossers, if this thread is anything to go by. 😉

MSP

A sport with the ability to turn those who don’t like it into smug tossers

Thats not football, its all their own personal achievement.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t think there’s anything ‘smug’ about not liking/knowing anything about football.
    It’s a yawnfest as far as I’m concerned, if I’d watched it, I wouldn’t be typing as I’d be fast asleep by now.
    Dull as dishwater.

project
    Free Member

Who was playing,

Dark outside so hope they had lights.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bring on the haters.

what’s wrong with liking it?

skaifan
    Free Member

Whenever England play, I go riding. All the idiots are in the pubs and not on the roads and the trails are nice and quiet. Also a perfect time to do the food shopping.

brianh
    Free Member

The best team won 😉

andytherocketeer

dunno, but there’s a bunch of noisy bastids outside hooting carhorns.
    again.
    daily, for blimmin’ weeks.
    they really know how to string out a competition.

RustySpanner

esselgruntfuttock – Member

Don’t think there’s anything ‘smug’ about not liking/knowing anything about football.
    It’s a yawnfest as far as I’m concerned, if I’d watched it, I wouldn’t be typing as I’d be fast asleep by now.
    Dull as dishwater.

No, you’re right, there’s nothing ‘smug’ about disliking football.

However, being somehow proud of the fact, to the point where you have to broadcast it on a public forum? That’s another matter entirely.

MSP

I had a great ride this morning, didn’t once compare it to other things I wasn’t doing, your life’s must be shit if all you can think about while doing something you enjoy is something you hate.

el_boufador

Yup went out on the road bike. I can take or leave watching football – but I really, really couldn’t waste the rare sunny evening sat inside.

project
    Free Member

Soon all the fat ones in england shirts will be ouit of the pubs smashing things up,and attacking the girlfreinds,as per ususal, hopefully all those cars with flags on will disapear.

RustySpanner

project – Member

Soon all the fat ones in england shirts will be ouit of the pubs smashing things up,and attacking the girlfreinds,as per ususal, hopefully all those cars with flags on will disapear.

What a sad, misspelled and poorly punctuated little life you lead. 😀

bruk

Nah I like the flags on cars, lets me know which one contains real idiots so I can avoid them.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

However, being somehow proud of the fact, to the point where you have to broadcast it on a public forum? That’s another matter entirely.

Didn’t say or intimate that I’m proud of the fact I don’t like football & I didn’t even start the thread!
    Aren’t public forums where you broadcast stuff anyway? or am I missing the point of forums?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is there anything easier than feeling superior?

andytherocketeer

Nah I like the flags on cars, lets me know which one contains real idiots so I can avoid them.

haha, like the cars with tinted rear windows – lets you know which ones have ugly children 😉

dunno who won, but they’re noisier than when germany won.

Haze

Went out on the road bike late afternoon, roads were pretty quiet even then.

Back in time for food and kick off.

Best of both worlds, why deprive yourselves? 😉

Hareydan
    Free Member

S’funny, football seems to be the only sport people actively publish their dislike for. I wonder why that is? 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

I never used to like footy much but everyone at work is really into sports so I’ve had to get into it just to be able to join in with conversations 😆 Actually quite enjoying it. Went out on my bike this afternoon and the roads were quieter than normal for a Sunday, well nice weather for it!

andytherocketeer

dunno – all of the (well at least numerous) F1 haters make a concerted effort to contribute to the F1 threads.

can replace F1 with Top Gear above too (although obviously not a sport)

cfinnimore
    Free Member

After the DH, went for a cycle round Edin.

There were loads of people in blue going happy-mental.

Free pints & pies apparently.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I cycled down to town to see some friends. Deserted streets.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol like the royal wedding & jubilee avoiders so desperate to have people know they were not interested they feel the need to shout loudly about what they were doing instead.

Grow up

Some from history
    World War 2, no idea who was playing I was out on my bike
    Moon landings nah was out on my bike could have been landing on the moon for all I cared
    JF who I was riding my bike

All because I am SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU

portlyone

Lol love these threads, always shows the ones chosen last in PE. The scars run deep!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

If you missed the game.A backward mediocre team from a backward mediocre country lost.What a suprise.

nealglover
    Free Member

Lol love these threads, always shows the ones chosen last in PE. The scars run deep!

That’s what I always imagine when I see these threads.

The only thing different with this one so far.

Nobody has used the “hilarious” terms

“footballists”

Or

“wendyball”

(oh how we all laugh as you do a very poor Clarkson impression)

Rorschach
    Free Member

What is this ‘feetsballs’ you speak of?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What is this ‘feetsballs’ you speak of?

Ah the I’m a hermit and stick my fingers in my ears defense

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been out whilst the footballs been on?’ is closed to new replies.