Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone been offered AA Gold Cover? Is it just a way to charge you more?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

We’ve just been offered Gold Cover as our renewal is due. It’s £172 for myself and my better half and we only really need breakdown recovery at the roadside and relay where they get your car home if they can’t fix it. Seems a lot to me but I might be missing something? Are there any killer deals with Green Flag/ RAC/anyone else I haven’t heard of? Do you pay miles less?

dirtybike
    Free Member

When my renewal was due I was told it was going to be £16 per month, when I signed up it was £7.50 a month. I phoned them up and said that as the price was no longer competitive I would like to cancel and was offered a renewal of £8 per month which I am more than happy with. I would ring them and see if you can get a discount.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

You can do a lot better than that….2 minutes on the Internet will save you a lot of cash!

spooky_b329

We’ve been with the AA for several years as it links into a policy with another company that ensure whilst our vehicle and trailer is being recovered/repaired, our horse gets a horsebox taxi home and/or local stabling.

This year the renewal came through and said due to being a long term customer we are being upgraded to gold cover. I never knew it existed, and until now just assumed it was marketing rubbish and they’d just added a few bells and whistles to make everyone feel special 🙂

I also recently noticed that although we get a chunk off the horse cover for being with the AA, we also get a discount off the AA cover which I’d never claimed. Doh!

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Just out of interest, have you compared these fantastic renewal prices to starting as a new customer elsewhere?

PMK2060

every year when my AA renewal comes through i phone to cancel and explain i can get a better price if i cancel and join again online. they just renew me at the online price. they tried to justify the additional price this year with the gold cover but it fell on deaf ears.

mrchrispy

RAC roadside+at howe+recovery (joint cover) for 56quid via tesco points.
    Works for me!

mps711
    Free Member

Have a look on Quidco or top cash back, the RAC & the AA usually have £50 or £60 cashback deals if you spend over £100.

I have been changing between the RAC an The AA for the last couple couple of years and end up paying about £50 a year for full breakdown cover.

Macgyver

Yep, tried a similar thing with me. I called, whinged and got a load of flannel about this and that but got it back to the online price.(about 2/3 of what they wanted to charge me)

When you get the press X for service Y option, just hit the one that says thinking of leaving the AA. Amazingly you are not on hold for long!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been offered AA Gold Cover? Is it just a way to charge you more?’ is closed to new replies.