Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone been from Inners to Edinburgh today? Road conditions?
  • Smee
    Free Member

As above.

Drac

Should be no problem for some one with slippo-vision. 😉

Smee
    Free Member

Helpful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

I try to be.

trail_rat
    Free Member

fire up the quattro !

Spaceman
    Free Member

A7 very icy but passable at about 30mph today up to Edinburgh, on the high bits it had sheet rutted ice on road. I'd imagine Peebles to Edinburgh would be similar. The granites road had had a snowplow down it from the Middleton end but didn't look like it had been gritted or had much traffic down it.

GrahamS

Did Polwarth to Rosyth this morning, down Dalry and Queensferry Road.

Freezing fog, but nothing too exciting, definitely a lot better than it has been.
    Still plenty of ungritted/unploughed side roads to watch out for, but just the odd slippy patch on the main roads.

Not sure about further south.

hels
    Free Member

Hi George

I drove in from Peebles this morning on A703 (had to really after it took three blokes one van and a spare car to get my van out and running yesterday) anyways it's fine as long as you don't drive like a numpty. Its gritted and the safe line is pretty obvious, I did a steady 40 all the way I left it until after 0900 and the freezing fog had cleared but I don't fancy it in the dark.

Dawn made it up to mine yesterday so Inner-Peebles is OK too.

Not much traffic as you can imagine, although if one more blond in a Volvo 4×4 came at me over the centre line I was going to get up to Ramming Speed and hold my line…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been from Inners to Edinburgh today? Road conditions?’ is closed to new replies.